Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Did Evander Kane really submit a fake vaccination card? Can this guy get out of his own way? Seems like a lifetime ago I was giving my daughter the Kane bobblehead I got attending a road game in San Jose, of Kane and his chihuahua. She still loves it, but oi!

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Also, no matter how much grumpiness shows up on this forum, or complaints about roster moves, etc. Can we just join hands, sing Kumbaya and thank our stars that we're not Sabres fans? I'd much rather be a Coyotes fan today than Sabres. They've been suffering a long time, and this season's most exciting hope for them is that they might win the lottery...again.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
@TheDizee @Xerloris
I mean it's not exactly like the Wings are overwhelmed with viable options... Look at their candidates below.

I'm just listing league experience/age as a cursory data point because I don't know the candidates well...

Larkin "C" 25, 433gp for reference.

Fabbri 25, 246gp - 30 playoff games.

Vrana 25, 295gp - 38 playoff games (cup 2018 w/ Washington). On LTIR, to be reassessed in February.
Bertuzzi 26, 206gp - 0 playoff games. Also un-vaccinated, unable to play games in Canada.
Suter 25, 55gp - 0 playoff games
Erne 26, 215gp - 3 playoff games.
Namestnikov 28, 478gp - 41 playoff games.
Gagner 32, 886gp - 11 playoff games.
Rowney 32, 223gp - 23 playoff games (2017 cup w/ Pittsburgh)

Leddy 30, 776gp - 121 playoff games (2013 cup w/ Chicago)
DeKeyser 31, 448gp - 19 playoff games
Staal 34, 948gp - 107 playoff games
Stetcher 27, 330gp - 17 playoff games
Oesterle 29, 252gp - 9 playoff games.

Notice Fabbri is the 4th forward in NHL games played, counting Larkin, their captain? Fabbri is also 9th in games played among their skaters.

I'd suggest that among skaters on the Wings - only Staal, Leddy, Vrana and debatably Namestnikov should get considered for "A" over Fabbri. Staal isn't likely around for long (much like the omitted Gagner). Vrana is going to miss the next 4 months. Namestnikov has bounced around 4 teams between 2019-20 & 2020-21.

So Fabbri and Leddy seem like the obvious choices, assuming that the organization tries to maintain some continuity amongst their "veteran" players, as I expect both will be offered extensions of some sort with the majority of Wings being RFAs/UFAs this summer. It should be noted Vrana is the only one under contract for next season of the "veteran" Detroit players.
They have only four Stanley Cup winners?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Just like that Allen is the starter for Montreal. I think he'll probably hold down the fort reasonably well. I wish him luck in any game not against St Louis.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I remember several years ago, when Tage was at a Blues prospects camp, and he was stifling in the neutral zone. Used his wingspan to get his stick on pucks and create turnovers. Looked like center was a real possibility. Unfortunately, that type of impact didn't transfer to higher levels as everybody else got bigger and faster. Maybe it'll work out for them if he has improved his skating, but I won't hold my breath.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Am I the only one who doesn't want anything to do with Eichel right now? Best case scenario he's going to miss basically 2 seasons and have spinal surgery. I'd be pretty disappointed to see my GM pay a premium for a guy in that situation. I'm curious what the market is really like for him right now. What a mess.

2 seasons? The surgery he wants should have him ready for next season comfortably. The reason his agent put the screws on in the summer was because they expected to be ready for this year. There's risk, but he'd more than likely be instantly our best player by a fair margin.

Edit: Realizing you mean last season and this one.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
2 seasons? The surgery he wants should have him ready for next season comfortably. The reason his agent put the screws on in the summer was because they expected to be ready for this year. There's risk, but he'd more than likely be instantly our best player by a fair margin.

Edit: Realizing you mean last season and this one.
He’s already missed most of one season.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

giphy.gif

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Am I the only one who doesn't want anything to do with Eichel right now? Best case scenario he's going to miss basically 2 seasons and have spinal surgery. I'd be pretty disappointed to see my GM pay a premium for a guy in that situation. I'm curious what the market is really like for him right now. What a mess.
I have a feeling that the Eichel trade will potentially have the most conditions of any trade ever made. I’d personally have a hard time giving up any worthwhile asset that isn’t a pick. And even then, I’d want conditions on the picks sent. There’s so many question marks between his surgery, whether or not delaying the surgery further damaged his neck, and a massive layoff games played.

I think he’d be our best player if he’s completely healthy, but he could also just be a giant sinkhole of money.

Reactions: joe galiba

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I understand that under contract, you can't do certain things or have certain surgeries without the consent of your employer, but Buffalo is ruining this guy's career and life. He wants spinal surgery, let him do it, because he's the only one walking around in that body and should get a say in how he handles this situation. Just trade the dude and let him live his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad