OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
They should show it as a cap hit. Cause it exists. But it needs to be denoted as not in effect to nov

COL would be insane to run over cap in hopes they can clear player(s) later. Other GMs would hammer them in trades. They have to operate $6mil under cap to be smart.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Hey guys Blues fan in peace, wasn’t sure where to post this but I was wanting to know what you guys think of Pierre Joseph? I saw that he played in the minors awhile and then played for the Pens the last two seasons and put up some decent numbers. Is he a two way dman that can defend well? Is he more of an offensive d that hasn’t peaked yet? Good skater? Were you guys mad he got traded? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hey guys Blues fan in peace, wasn’t sure where to post this but I was wanting to know what you guys think of Pierre Joseph? I saw that he played in the minors awhile and then played for the Pens the last two seasons and put up some decent numbers. Is he a two way dman that can defend well? Is he more of an offensive d that hasn’t peaked yet? Good skater? Were you guys mad he got traded? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

He was largely a # 6 dman who played heavily insulated offensive minutes with us with Kris Letang.

He’s certainly not a defensive / two way player. But, I wouldn’t say he is “awful” defensively. His frame and IQ makes him look lost a lot.

I don’t really care about losing him. He was an intriguing prospect but didn’t really fit our needs. I think he could potentially find his game in another market with a coach who may trust him and not require him to endlessly pinch.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Skating B+
Shot: C
Passing B
Physicality: D
Positioning: D-

Reactions: shpongle falls

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

He's a guy that I fear never learned proper defensive positioning bc he had a long stride and long reach that got him out of jams that he created himself (by poor positioning). Obviously when you get to this level, being able to recover is much more difficult.

His hockey IQ is severely lacking, but he's got some good physical tools that are intriguing- decent shot, but he's got blinders on.

He's a guy that 2 seasons ago, many thought would not make the club and they'd waive him. But he had an exceptionally strong camp and put the idea of a "fringe" NHLer to rest.

This past season he was mostly on the 3rd pair with really sheltered mins. He wasn't anything special, he was just "there".
At the tail end of the season, in an effort to find a decent partner for Letang he ended up playing on the 1st pair and I thought he looked pretty good. Nothing exceptional, but well enough considering the opposition he was facing. He seemed to be a guy that needs to play a ton to get him going. If he's buried on the 3rd pair he's just going to take up space and be lost defensively.

I was disappointed to see him depart, only bc he seemed to be the 1 LD who meshed with Letang. Not necessarily bc of any unique skill or thought he moved the needle.

Reactions: shpongle falls

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
He has all the athletic ability but seemed to struggle with the IQ aspect of the game. That said Sullivan’s “system” eats dmen. It’s really hard for one to look good in his system. He’s most like an interchangeable bottom pair piece but players do have a knack for looking better after leaving here.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hasn’t played any NHL game since 9th April 2016

1721250026642.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad