Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I agree on both.

We have seemingly locked Askarov from ever being more than a backup here and Saros has a NMC so i dont blame him or his agent trying to find a place where he can move up.

Also, Buffalo overvaluing McLeod's size
I been wanting savioe since before he was drafted. After UPL played well and since they were probably out of the goalie market I began to give up hope. But with him going to Edmonton there is a chance again since Edmonton is in need of a goalie. I believe savioe will go to the top of our prospects list or 2 or 3 at minimum

Reactions: herzausstein

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I suspect any return for Askarov at this point would be underwhelming. More underwhelming than Savoie, anyway. I also don't think Edmonton wants a goalie that young, they're making moves to win immediately. Yes Savoie is young but I'm guessing they got him with the plan of him playing in Edmonton this year. Askarov is a wild card in that regard and at a position where a Cup contender shouldn't really be going for wild cards.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey @Viqsi whqts the deal with Kent Johnson? Where does he fit into the roster with Fantilli and Sillinger being holding down the Center positions?
On the wing, which is where pretty much everyone up here expected him to be. (Also, you forgot Voronkov, but to be fair, everybody forgets he exists. ;) )

If the Preds had the kind of shutdown blueliner to spare needed up here I'd likely have come up with a swap proposal by now, but, alas.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
On the wing, which is where pretty much everyone up here expected him to be. (Also, you forgot Voronkov, but to be fair, everybody forgets he exists. ;) )

If the Preds had the kind of shutdown blueliner to spare needed up here I'd likely have come up with a swap proposal by now, but, alas.
Let me tell you about Lauzon 😉

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Let me tell you about Lauzon 😉
trouble.gif

(To be fair, he could be useful up here, but that ain't getting you KJ. :) )

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What if i threw in a slightly used schenn? 😬
nnnnnnnope.

Truthfully, part of why I've hesitated is because up until quite recently I didn't think we could spare Lauzon. Now that Skjei is here I suspect it's doable, but Waddell's first big moves back up at home were basically to throw out most of the Useful Depth for free and so figuring out a good deal just got that much harder.

EDIT: I'll also readily admit that the most likely component would probably be Sillinger, and yet I really don't wanna because I'm in love with the idea of him contrasting with his father by being a lifetime Blue Jacket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad