Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Bob has an insane mode that when he hits it and goes on a run the other team is pretty much screwed. The rest of the time he is just ok, but that mode is why he got the money he did. If he goes off in this series it won't last long.

Reactions: hido and PredsV82

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
And it sounds like it is going to go dark after the sale is final... this sucks.
Yeah thankfully there are already some similar sites out their but their UIs definitely suck compared to CapFriendly and they lack some of the tools like the buyout calculator. Sad day for message board nerds for sure.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm definitely worried about the quality of data we'll have access to down the road. CapFriendly happened to also have the best user interface - but I have a fairly high degree of tolerance for clunky or annoying interfaces (heck, I have 14,000 posts HERE!)

Since I haven't looked at other Cap sites in the last decade or so, I'm not sure who breaks what first, or to what extent they have mostly just been riding CapFriendly's coattails. I also don't follow any "insider" type posts on social media. So I don't REALLY have a sense of how much of CapFriendly's data is truly available in the public domain, vs how much of it they have had a unique ability to source through non-public contacts (e.g. agents, central registry contacts, NHL front office workers, etc). I tend to think of them being uniquely positioned in that networking, however. Maybe I'm wrong. But if we do lose some of that access to info, that would be the most painful part. Hopefully they have some key employees who can jump ship to the successor website with the "little black book" in tow. :)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
People said the same thing when CapGeek went down, something will come along.
EVENTUALLY something will. Probably. It took a while, and CapFriendly has reached such a pinnacle of achievement that it could take quite a bit longer this time, however. Even if it's just a couple months, that's going to be a painful gap. Oh well.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Wow. What a turn here late in the 2nd. I feel pretty bad for those fans having to sit there and watch it. Hoping for a turnaround but knowing it’s pretty unlikely. And also realizing going down 3-0 in this series pretty much seals it. Brutal way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad