Around the NHL 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Both still there. I'm sure PP is overwhelmed right now.
I’m sure becoming a primary source after the loss of Capfriendly hasn’t helped.

For Euro players they usually get updated when the players report to their teams.

For the Junior players it doesnt happen until the Blues themselves send the players to their Junior team in case one of them make the NHL out of camp.
Makes sense, I missed them signing elsewhere.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I’m of the opinion that they really bungled this situation. I suspect they knew he wouldn’t report to the AHL this year. And he’s at the age where he should start getting NHL games. So they should have either been planning on giving him the backup job or they should have already traded him.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Not surprising tho. Saros is signed for they next 9 years and Askarov is virtually in no man's land.

I see the reasons he’s agitating for a change, but still an aggressive tactic to announce this over the summer. Wonder who their JR is to “report” that it’s a done deal, the ship has sailed, they better take whatever they can get, etc.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Not to mention they signed Wedgewood to a 2 year contract.
I completely understand the Saros extension. I will absolutely never understand the Wedgewood signing. $1.5M x 2 years might as well be a large banner telling Askarov that he doesn't have a chance to make the NHL team this year. If you're going to bring in a vet, at least just do it on a 1 year deal.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I was surprised when they signed Wedgewood as their backup, and expected to see something about a plan for Askarov, but this seems to be such an unforced error by the Preds unless he just hasn’t been progressing in his AHL development.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We don't hate Finns. We just hate you.
yes-sir.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad