Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Reading the saros takes reminds me of the bob takes when he signed that contract lol
I don't know if he'll fall apart, though he probably will before the 8 years.

But the Predators are well set up to be a mid team for a while. I don't think they'll be contending and Saros probably keeps them bottoming out, barring a huge implosion. I really don't know what that team is doing. Some of these teams just keep holding on (Washington is the best example) and going nowhere. I think Nashville is just that.

Florida was a bit of wasteland when Bob signed there, Do-Nothing Dale Tallon was still the GM there at the time.

Reactions: Oneiro

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The entire reason you trade Saros is because he's your best piece to get you help up front if you're Nashville regardless of how good you think he is and you have a former top 15 pick waiting in the wings. They had the remains of ROR and Gustav f***ing Nyquist playing in their top 6 last year.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Doubt a team would have the stomach for trading and then giving him hat contract so the asakrov kid has more trade value. Still going to be hard to find a team that will give a massive hall

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I actually think its a smart move to keep Saros. Askarov is unproven and Nashville seems intent to be competitive for the forseeable future.

Even if Askarov ends up being good, he's not going to instantly be able to play starter level minutes.

They'll be able to get good value for Askarov in a year or two anyways so its still fine asset management.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Trots is thinking about 3-4 years from now. No reason to force a move now when you could be looking for another goaltender well before Saros contract expires.

While that team has nothing up front to be happy about besides Forsberg, great plan. It really worked with us and Schneider fielding a decent goalie with a decent D and nothing up front. This was the perfect chance for the Preds get a big piece in their top 6

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
While that team has nothing up front to be happy about besides Forsberg, great plan. It really worked with us and Schneider fielding a decent goalie with a decent D and nothing up front. This was the perfect chance for the Preds get a big piece in their top 6
Who’s giving up a top 6 player and plus to get him then hand him that contract which might even be more with new team no “discount” everyone is bashing because his age but then say teams would give the moon to get him so what one is it? Btw im fine i don’t know if he will break down or not by whatever year eventually he will but they want to compete and try and win now.

Makes the devils trade for markstrom look even better imo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I actually think its a smart move to keep Saros. Askarov is unproven and Nashville seems intent to be competitive for the forseeable future.

Even if Askarov ends up being good, he's not going to instantly be able to play starter level minutes.

They'll be able to get good value for Askarov in a year or two anyways so its still fine asset management.
I know it's in the AHL but he played 44 games this year, 2 in the NHL, and 5 playoff games for a total of 51 games. That's basically starter level minutes. Again, I know it's the AHL, but he can absolutely step in and start if it's deemed the right move. I'd bring him in and basically tell him the net is his in two years and be ready.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I feel that person, my NY Jets/Devils jerseys are some of the most cursed names ever. Brett Favre (I was like 12 at the time but what an all time L, lmao) Mo Wilkerson, Revis before he left the first time, Elijah Moore, Parise lol

I have a Parise, Kovalchuk, and Schneider.

I wear the Schneider to games. The other two are in deep, deep storage.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Jesus christ and this is why Nashville tops out at 95 points every year, use one of your assets and get f***ing forward help with it

I got flamed by some dude on the main board for saying this exact thing for 2 hours, lmfao

I have a Parise, Kovalchuk, and Schneider.

I wear the Schneider to games. The other two are in deep, deep storage.

The Parise one, per se, isn't so bad but it still sucks how he left. I would rock a Kovy one still, he's one of my favorite players ever and yeah the Schneider one was the team failing him. All those 3 aren't bad imo and I understand the rationale of all those buys lol

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Eh, Askarov isn’t ready, I get why they’re wary of moving on.

It’s reportly 7.74m. Rando starters are going to get that soon enough.

Reactions: Guadana

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I don't know if he'll fall apart, though he probably will before the 8 years.

But the Predators are well set up to be a mid team for a while. I don't think they'll be contending and Saros probably keeps them bottoming out, barring a huge implosion. I really don't know what that team is doing. Some of these teams just keep holding on (Washington is the best example) and going nowhere. I think Nashville is just that.

Florida was a bit of wasteland when Bob signed there, Do-Nothing Dale Tallon was still the GM there at the time.
Do-nothing Tallon also made the controversial pick to take Barkov higher than what the consensus had him.

Didnt Tallon also build the Blackhawks dynasty core but never got the credit (rings) for it? Funny that it also happened in Florida. Best GM of 21st century after all

Edit. He got the 2010 Hawks ring but was already demoted and no longer the actual GM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad