Prospect Info: 2024 39th OA: Gabriel Eliasson (LHD)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes, I know that, were you expecting Silayev to have some offensive upside? He may, I'm not sure how much, but I expect that Yakemchuk would have a much higher offensive ceiling than Silayev which is why I expected Yakemchuk to go higher. Eliasson IMO will likely end up as strickly a defensive defenceman, although I don't know that for sure either. What I do know is that both will likely protect their teammates & stand up for themselves & be tough to play against.
Yakemchuk has a lot more offense than Silayev and Silayev has a lot more defense than Yakemchuk

Senovision

May 23, 2011
1719779095693.png

Everytime opposing players enter our zone Eliasson will be saying " go ahead make my day"

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Maybe it's just me but I feel if Elick or Badinka was still on board, Sens absolutely would have picked one of them. Both of them fit the Sens style and are actual RHD with potential. But with both gone, the Sens probably decided to say f*** it and go way off board.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, I hope we focus on the forwards next year. We really need to add a blue chip forward to Stutzle/Tkachuk.

We're also missing that selke candidate up front that will shut down the opposing team's offense that every cup champion has.

There's still pieces to add to our puzzle.
Pinto is about as good defensively as any young forward in the league.

If Eliasson is another Kleven that's a really good 2nd round pick. I don't think he has as good puck skills but he skates really well for his size and he is even more mean. It's a long term commitment but I'm glad he is going to college at a good program. They'll work on his skill development.

Not who I would have taken there. If they had traded down and drafted him that would have been fine for me.

Maybe it's just me but I feel if Elick or Badinka was still on board, Sens absolutely would have picked one of them. Both of them fit the Sens style and are actual RHD with potential. But with both gone, the Sens probably decided to say f*** it and go way off board.
100 percent. It's too bad both went before their pick.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Its kind of funny they loved this guy and didn't take Silayev who is virtually a sure bet to play in the NHL as soon as he wants to come over.

And then passed on Pulkkinen at 39.

The kid they took may very well turn out to be a beast of an NHL player but the two guys above are a few steps closer to being that.

A plus is he is he is supposed to head to the NCAA U Michigan for 25/26 and has another year to develop in Sweden before that

Russian factor is my guess. Pretty hard to spend a draft pick on a kid you haven't seen live. Have to be quite the risk taker to do that....and have great job security.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
This one would feel better if he was a third round pick honestly. Feels like the odds are more of a long shot here but with the league obviously trending towards big defenders it's not a bad pick from an asset management perspective. I think there were better options on the board but they have a type and this fits.

I love that he's going NCAA and Michigan specifically, that should really help with the development of skills he currently lacks (assuming scouting reports are reasonably accurate).

Reactions: lancepitlick

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If Eliasson is another Kleven that's a really good 2nd round pick. I don't think he has as good puck skills but he skates really well for his size and he is even more memean.
Remember, the goalie passed the puck better than Kleven, and magically after 2 years of development, Kleven could actually make a breakout pass.

There is hope, yet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad