Prospect Info: 2024 39th OA: Gabriel Eliasson (LHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought nordbrg was pretty feisty as well
We never hear anything about Nordberg, I wonder what the plan is with that guy? He is big enough that he could go to Belleville, but there has been no talk anywhere about it. It will be interesting to see how much longer he is part of this org. Wallberg seems to be in the same situation where we rarely hear about him & neither stand out other than size.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We never hear anything about Nordberg, I wonder what the plan is with that guy? He is big enough that he could go to Belleville, but there has been no talk anywhere about it. It will be interesting to see how much longer he is part of this org. Wallberg seems to be in the same situation where we rarely hear about him & neither stand out other than size.
I thought offensively wallberg stood out at the 3v3 and defensively nordberg stood out. Nordberg is another just ultra toolsy guy. Size. Can skate. Hand the puck decently well.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Nordberg has just taken such a weird path, bounced around a ton, and hasnt stood out at any point. He is probably better than hes shown but he hasnt shown much.

Wallberg had a pretty solid freshman year and contributed offensively.

Reactions: aragorn

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nordberg has just taken such a weird path, bounced around a ton, and hasnt stood out at any point. He is probably better than hes shown but he hasnt shown much.

6’4” and 6’5” bro

Do you even grow?
;)

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Things could change, but Norderg is looking like another example of our scouts falling for tools and ignoring the very basic question of "is he good at the game of hockey?".

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

He's not getting top pairing ice time, but he's been a mainstay on the PK and is getting better and better in a defensive role while not losing his pouck moving ability. Not saying he'll be an NHL regular for us, but he's still developing and has legit potential

Here's one report from a january game he had,

"Nordberg earned18:04 in ice time (4th among D) including 3:29 on the PK (4th among D). He did not play PP. He finished +2 with 1 assist, 1 shot, 2 PIMs (Dzone hold after a fwd drove wide on him), 2 hits, received 1 hit, 3 giveaways, 8 takeaways and for the season he is winning 54% of his 50/50 puck battles.

Comments: Moves his feet well and gets back for pucks as quickly as he gets up the ice. He can be a one man breakout machine and did this a couple times tonight using his speed to beat multiple forecheckers. He looks to provide some type of offense every shift that he is out there. This usually is shown through lateral movement along the blue line where he can create shot lanes, or a rush from his own end where he beats the coverage and looks to set up the second wave if he does not take it himself. Has a unique combination of size and mobility."

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He's not getting top pairing ice time, but he's been a mainstay on the PK and is getting better and better in a defensive role while not losing his pouck moving ability. Not saying he'll be an NHL regular for us, but he's still developing and has legit potential

"Nordberg earned18:04 in ice time (4th among D) including 3:29 on the PK (4th among D). He did not play PP. He finished +2 with 1 assist, 1 shot, 2 PIMs (Dzone hold after a fwd drove wide on him), 2 hits, received 1 hit, 3 giveaways, 8 takeaways and for the season he is winning 54% of his 50/50 puck battles.

Comments: Moves his feet well and gets back for pucks as quickly as he gets up the ice. He can be a one man breakout machine and did this a couple times tonight using his speed to beat multiple forecheckers. He looks to provide some type of offense every shift that he is out there. This usually is shown through lateral movement along the blue line where he can create shot lanes, or a rush from his own end where he beats the coverage and looks to set up the second wave if he does not take it himself. Has a unique combination of size and mobility."

I’m not saying he cant play, but for a 2nd rounder to be playing borderline 2nd pairing minutes in the USHL in their D+2 season is pretty rare

He will need a solid year to earn a contract

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayOn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

That's not a very good sight from a 2nd round 19 year old in the USHL, it's quite concerning actually

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Going to OHL to play for Barrie?
What's next? Eliasson is one of the rare Swedes that will be making the post-draft jump to North America immediately: he'll either take the NCAA route, as he was drafted by the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the USHL and is committed to the University of Michigan for the 2025-26 season OR suit up for the Niagara IceDogs in the OHL, as he was taken in Wednesday's CHL Import Draft.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
he said he was staying overseas to finish school during post draft podcasts, I guess he could have changed his mind, and finish it in Ontario.

He was committed to Michigan in the NCAA the year after,
If he plays a game of OHL, he can't go NCAA

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If he plays a game of OHL, he can't go NCAA
That’s correct, don’t think they’ve approved the new rules yet on NCAA and CHL yet, there is a thread on it. Still being discussed/debated as far as I know.
I think if he comes over a year before Michigan, it’s likely for USHL.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That’s correct, don’t think they’ve approved the new rules yet on NCAA and CHL yet, there is a thread on it. Still being discussed/debated as far as I know.
I think if he comes over a year before Michigan, it’s likely for USHL.

Yeah I don't see that exception happening

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad