Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Are there other websites that offer salary cap contract and free agent status stuff?

Puckpedia, but it's not nearly as good overall. They do a lot of the cap stuff.

Not sure if they have a free agent listing. May need to get some of that stuff from spotrac

sportrac has a better layout than PP

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it now okay to say that I enjoyed watching that JOKE franchise and they're incredibly, old, slow and boring roster get f***in pulverized by the Rangers in 4 games like the JOKES they are?

Especially since the Rangers didn't go to the finals or anything like that.

It's not like the Capitals didn't make a habit of getting HUMPED by the Rangers in 3 different playoffs between 2012 and 2015. I'm pretty sure they had a 2 game lead the last two times (3-1 in 2015 and 2-0 in 2013) and even a 3-2 lead in 2012. That was the Rangers favorite blowup doll for a few years there.

f*** the Capitals. I'm embarrassed they made the playoffs over us and several other teams. How about don't let it happen again? We can start by not losing 3 of 4 games (I think all in regulation?) against them, with our only win coming against some 40 year old rookie goalie, who we also lost to one of those times anyway.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Is it now okay to say that I enjoyed watching that JOKE franchise and they're incredibly, old, slow and boring roster get f***in pulverized by the Rangers in 4 games like the JOKES they are?

Especially since the Rangers didn't go to the finals or anything like that.

It's not like the Capitals didn't make a habit of getting HUMPED by the Rangers in 3 different playoffs between 2012 and 2015. I'm pretty sure they had a 2 game lead the last two times (3-1 in 2015 and 2-0 in 2013) and even a 3-2 lead in 2012. That was the Rangers favorite blowup doll for a few years there.

f*** the Capitals. I'm embarrassed they made the playoffs over us and several other teams. How about don't let it happen again? We can start by not losing 3 of 4 games (I think all in regulation?) against them, with our only win coming against some 40 year old rookie goalie, who we also lost to one of those times anyway.
Turning that corner in hockey is an amazing thing. Teams that are broken down can hang around a very long time

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Turning that corner in hockey is an amazing thing. Teams that are broken down can hang around a very long time
The Sharks made the conference finals in 2019 and then just plummeted after that and it was allll downhill from there. I’m still not sure if they’ve reached the bottom.

But the 2019 Sharks probably weren’t good enough or at least not young enough to even get that far. They were a beyond fortuitous call away from going out in the first round potentially in a shutout to Vegas for the second year in a row.

Are there other websites that offer salary cap contract and free agent status stuff?
Someone (hopefully) will make one. And maybe they’ll sell out in within 10 years also lol.

Or puckpedia will be upgraded.

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don’t understand what this list is. The watermark is unreadable (to me) and they don’t say where it’s from.

I will point out we won the last best logo poll on HFBoards. THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. link

View attachment 880980View attachment 880981

OK, before posting I tracked down the source and… it’s some random guy (surprise!). That random guy also made this list.

Comment & their response about that one:

Is that the same guy that had Nico rated the same as Mittlestadt and Tippett for the 2017 draft he rated?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don’t understand why teams would even be using the site. I’m surprised they don’t have their own in house doing that stuff? What’s the benefit of even buying the site? I would’ve assumed the nhl has a central record keeping for teams to utilize?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I don’t understand why teams would even be using the site. I’m surprised they don’t have their own in house doing that stuff? What’s the benefit of even buying the site? I would’ve assumed the nhl has a central record keeping for teams to utilize?

Some teams do, but a lot don't. This allows the caps to get a leg up on a lot of other teams that don't have thwr own systems and utilities

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Some teams do, but a lot don't. This allows the caps to get a leg up on a lot of other teams that don't have thwr own systems and utilities

That’s just crazy to me. Teams actually using a free website for their cap needs? Insane don’t doubt you but don’t see how this helps them

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
That’s just crazy to me. Teams actually using a free website for their cap needs? Insane don’t doubt you but don’t see how this helps them

Yep there have been pics of teams GMs laptops with cap friendly open multiple times. Why pay for something yourself if you can get it for free! - cheap owners

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I think they just want the creator of CapFriendly on their staff as they know more about the cap, contracts, and cap utilization than almost anyone else in the industry. It's a huge asset for them honestly. As shitty as it is for us fans who love the site (myself included), it's actually a smart move by the Caps.

But f*** Leonsis and the Caps regardless

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I always just assumed the league gave the teams updated information or their own version or cap friendly either weekly or monthly. Absolutely blows my mind that’s not how a huge league does things?

So what’s stopping someone else from making cap friendly 2.0? I mean the person that made the site didn’t have any private information right? It’s all readily available ? Again maybe I’m just missing something

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I always just assumed the league gave the teams updated information or their own version or cap friendly either weekly or monthly. Absolutely blows my mind that’s not how a huge league does things?

So what’s stopping someone else from making cap friendly 2.0? I mean the person that made the site didn’t have any private information right? It’s all readily available ? Again maybe I’m just missing something
Nothing will stop someone from making the next one. Just like there was CapGeek before CapFriendly. Someone will fire up the next one in a few months

If anyone here knows how to set it up, it may be a worthy time investment in the future lol

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't think shortening the draft makes sense because the picks are still trade currency. It is extremely rare that a player is drafted, is rejected by his original team, and signs with a new team and makes the NHL. It certainly happens - Jake Muzzin did it, and Joseph Blandisi managed it here - and there's examples of college players doing it as well.

When I dug into it a few years ago, it looked like around half of the draftees in the 6th and 7th round did not go on to have professional careers of note - they were not top 9 forwards/top 4 D/starting goalies in a major professional league (NHL, AHL, KHL, SHL, SM-Liiga, Swiss League) or 1st pairing D/1st liners in a lesser league (e.g. Germany, Czechia).

Obviously from an NHLPA perspective the draft should be abolished, but I don't think teams hold up players' careers - if they do, it's going to be much more often holding them in the AHL when they have a contract.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah I'm surprised the league itself didn't do this, teams probably don't even want the fans to be too knowledgeable about the cap stuff.

i mean the league has to have all the information already together i doubt they are just sitting and waiting for a trade before they do the background check on the finances. so just shocking to me that they dont update their own internal cap friendly to the teams. i wonder what other leagues do with this type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad