Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I can’t imagine what their family, especially his wife with 2 very young kids, is going through right now. Can’t even fathom how you live life after something like this.

I for sure can be an impatient driver. This is a great reminder to chill out on the road, and if someone else is being reckless/aggressive, back off instead of doubling down.

ive called the cops so many times for witnessing aggressive driving that theyve shown up to my door and told me to back off the calls.

i think i might actually ramp up my calling now

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Many of you are maybe too young to remember Philadelphia goalie Pelle Lindbergh. He led Flyers the to the 1985 Stanley Cup finals, due to a knee injury suffered in the semis vs Quebec he wasn't himself. He won game 1, but lost the next 3. He didn't play in the the final game 5.

He was killed in November, 1986 while driving drunk. He crashed his Porsche into a concrete wall. That accident also occurred in NJ.

RIP to the Gaudreau brothers and sympathies to the families. Horrific situation for their sister and families to deal with on the eve of her wedding.

Last edited:

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Apparently both of Gaudreau’s parents were admitted to the hospital after hearing the news.

I don’t know if something happened to them or if Johnny and his brother were rushed to a hospital first and that’s why they were admitted.

It’s such a sad story.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Mugshot for the piece of shit on here...

after reading how it unfolded i had to street view the road they were on. shame man its desolate and drivers probably always do stupid shit not even counting the drinking aspect of it. people riding motorcycles and bikes/scooters your taking your lives into your hands sharing roads with these drivers in nj such a tragedy

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Apparently both of Gaudreau’s parents were admitted to the hospital after hearing the news.

I don’t know if something happened to them or if Johnny and his brother were rushed to a hospital first and that’s why they were admitted.

It’s such a sad story.
Apparently the dad had a heart attack after hearing the news. I know he has a history of heart attacks. Not sure about the mom.

Such a devastating story all around.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Apparently the dad had a heart attack after hearing the news. I know he has a history of heart attacks. Not sure about the mom.

Such a devastating story all around.
Do you have any links for this? Not saying I doubt you but I want to share it to people I'm talking to about this... and I don't want the source to be "trust me bro"

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Do you have any links for this? Not saying I doubt you but I want to share it to people I'm talking to about this... and I don't want the source to be "trust me bro"
Sorry quoted wrong person.

I didn’t hear the dad had a heart attack upon hearing the news. I just heard they were unwell/unstable and were admitted to hospital after hearing both their sons are gone.

Reactions: njdevil26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the second time in the last 4 offseason’s that the Blue Jackets had an accidental death to a player. I feel pretty bad for their organization right now. Those were two accidents that killed an active player, and both happened to players in the same organization.

This is the biggest death to an active player in hockey I can think of maybe since Pelle Lindbergh. That was almost 40 years ago.

We’ve had deaths of either active players or younger players who had stopped playing not too long before that. But I don’t think any of them were as big as Johnny Gaudreau.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is the second time in the last 4 offseason’s that the Blue Jackets had an accidental death to a player. I feel pretty bad for their organization right now. Those were two accidents that killed an active player, and both happened to players in the same organization.

This is the biggest death to an active player in hockey I can think of maybe since Pelle Lindbergh. That was almost 40 years ago.

We’ve had deaths of either active players or younger players who had stopped playing not too long before that. But I don’t think any of them were as big as Johnny Gaudreau.

ya gonna have to lay off crapping on their organization for a bit. this tragedy is above petty typical hockey shit talking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is really depressing.

I’ve been talking to people I work with who watch the news all day long, and they haven’t even heard about it yet.

I’m sure the story is huge in Canada since he used to play there.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
This is really depressing.

I’ve been talking to people I work with who watch the news all day long, and they haven’t even heard about it yet.

I’m sure the story is huge in Canada since he used to play there.
I remember when Kobe tragically passed and it was being talked about non stop. I turned on ESPN and local news stations and haven’t seen any coverage on Johnny Gaudreau. It’s depressing that a nhl star in his prime tragically passes and not a peep yet on mainstream media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad