Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Listening to NHL Network Radio earlier this morning and coming out of the hourly sports update was an audio clip of Gaudreau scoring a goal. :(

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Reading the description of what I assume is the police report, the driver was all over the road trying to pass two cars ahead of him in the opposite direction lane and then trying again on the right side (I presume a breakdown lane) after the second car in front of him moved over to the middle of the road to give enough space to the brothers on their bikes. He then struck them in the rear.

I'll never for the life of me understand those that can drive so recklessly on top of being under the influence. To simply have no regard for anyone else's life on the road.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Matt was at Devils camp in 15

IMG_8416.jpeg

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

According to the police affidavit, the trooper who arrived on the scene detected a "strong odor of alcohol," and Higgins allegedly told the trooper he had consumed "five to six beers" before the crash.

Higgins allegedly told investigators that he thought the driver of the SUV was trying to stop him from passing. Higgins told investigators that his consumption of alcohol contributed to his impatience and reckless driving, according to the criminal complaint.

The trooper also said Higgins then failed a field sobriety test.

This makes me so f***ing angry.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017

Senseless tragedy. What huge loss for so many people because of this pig! Sucks but, in just his 31 years on this planet the kid impacted so many lives of hockey fans in positive ways. Bringing excitement and memories. Big loss to the families and including our hockey family. R.I.P boys.

Reactions: mdj12784

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

There's a macho bs culture behind this.

"You're stopping me from passing? I'll show you!"

Especially if it's true that someone is swerving to stop you from passing, the thing to do is back off.

But, if you do, you're clearly a beta cuck.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I can’t imagine what their family, especially his wife with 2 very young kids, is going through right now. Can’t even fathom how you live life after something like this.

I for sure can be an impatient driver. This is a great reminder to chill out on the road, and if someone else is being reckless/aggressive, back off instead of doubling down.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Absolutely heartbreaking. That and the fact they were both just Jersey kids like a lot of us on here just makes it hit that much closer.

Hoping Fitz and the org releases a longer and more meaningful statement rather than the one sentence reply they put out.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad