Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember saying he'd be near the top of my list back probably even before Lindy was fired.

Then I seemingly forgot he even existed until I just saw this.

I was totally expecting them to hire Todd McLellan. Because his name was tied to them and because teams run by incompetents, who are then replaced (Ottawa) seem to like making stupid hires, just to make you question whether the new people are much more competent than the people who they replaced.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I remember saying he'd be near the top of my list back probably even before Lindy was fired.

Then I seemingly forgot he even existed until I just saw this.

I was totally expecting them to hire Todd McLellan. Because his name was tied to them and because teams run by incompetents, who are then replaced (Ottawa) seem to like making stupid hires, just to make you question whether the new people are much more competent than the people who they replaced.
It's been proven time and again that the smartest thing any organization can do is hire a former Whaler as their coach.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think the Jackets will be better. I don't think they're a playoff team or anything, but I feel they're a little more threatening with Dean Evason as the head coach instead of Pascal Frank Vincent or whoever that nobody was and Brad Larsen.
May be. But they drafted a lot of good defensemen, its time to invite them. I guess Jirivek should start to be NHL regular, they should try Mateychuk on NHL level, may be Svozil.
Same for Bell Belize and Brindley(may be).
Very young roster. Tarasov could be good, could be bad next year.

Will see. I don't know what I'm thinking about this team short term. Fantilli-Lindstrom center duo is great, but its not a story of this season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
May be. But they drafted a lot of good defensemen, its time to invite them. I guess Jirivek should start to be NHL regular, they should try Mateychuk on NHL level, may be Svozil.
Same for Bell Belize and Brindley(may be).
Very young roster. Tarasov could be good, could be bad next year.

Will see. I don't know what I'm thinking about this team short term. Fantilli-Lindstrom center duo is great, but its not a story of this season.
You load the roster with prospects and other very young players and it’s not likely they succeed until enough of them grow and mature. Who is going to do the grunt work and heavy lifting? Most highly skilled young players have not had to do that before getting to the NHL and have to first learn that. If Columbus goes in the direction of lots of young players I’m skeptical they are very good with them being so inexperienced. Maybe Elvis can carry them but I’ll be surprised.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You load the roster with prospects and other very young players and it’s not likely they succeed until enough of them grow and mature. Who is going to do the grunt work and heavy lifting? Most highly skilled young players have not had to do that before getting to the NHL and have to first learn that. If Columbus goes in the direction of lots of young players I’m skeptical they are very good with them being so inexperienced. Maybe Elvis can carry them but I’ll be surprised.
Same thinking line. They did not make enough moves to make real step forward, they should invite prospects and trust more time for young roster players. And they changed their gm few weeks ago. May be guys like Johnny Gaudreaunee, Werenski and Severson are not happy about it, but they are not good/consistent/healthy enough to be lokomotiv of this roster. But still good partners to play with for younger players.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well the f***ed up thing is they're right on the verge of winning so he will get the credit if they do get over the hump. At least if they don't win the next few years then he'll be binned off sooner or later but that won't help McDavid any.

Camille the Eel

I think the Jackets will be better. I don't think they're a playoff team or anything, but I feel they're a little more threatening with Dean Evason as the head coach instead of Pascal Frank Vincent or whoever that nobody was and Brad Larsen.
They have a good deal of talent at forward and will be challenging to beat if you don’t show up with focus and effort. Although that’s pretty much true of all the opposition in the Metro, maybe throughout the league in fact, as we discovered to our detriment last year.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad