Around the NHL 2023-2024

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
can you believe McDavid passed the record for assists in a single post season and now we also have a dman that's within striking range of the old record as well? That's ridiculous.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
With Matthew Knies being fluent in Slovak, DA/Steen gotta figure out how to get him in STL.
Kinda cool that Knies went to Sandra Day O'Connor High School, same as Nolan Gorman of the Cardinals. Side note: O'Connor won the 2018 6A state championship with Gorman and then recently lost the championship. Great HS baseball program.

I want McDavid to get his Cup and put up 16-points in games 4-7 in the process. Guy is incredible.
I'd love to see him take over the rest of this series. He's been doin' awww dat dipsy doodly quantum chaos stuff with undesirable results. McJesus floating forward over the ice works much better.

ds774622

Jun 6, 2024
the new darnell nurse, overpaid in canada by $2m
I don’t know, seems like the Nucks fans like how he elevated Hughes’s game and they’ve locked down a top pairing for the foreseeable future. Sure seems rich for Hronek now but could be a bargain in a year or two with the rising cap.

Not that we have anything close to a Hughes comp on our blueline, but I’m jealous of their top pair.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Very good return for Calgary. Markstrom is 34 with only 2 years left on his deal. He’s…ok. But goaltending absolutely sunk NJ this season so it makes sense. They’re banking on the goaltending improving so that that 1st isn’t a super great one (and I’d assume it isn’t completely unprotected).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Very good return for Calgary. Markstrom is 34 with only 2 years left on his deal. He’s…ok. But goaltending absolutely sunk NJ this season so it makes sense. They’re banking on the goaltending improving so that that 1st isn’t a super great one (and I’d assume it isn’t completely unprotected).
It is protected. And Calgary benefits even more from this deal making them worse, as they owe Montreal their ‘25 1st unless it’s in top 10 in which case they can send Habs the 1st they previously acquired from Florida. At this point it’s hard to see Flames NOT picking in top 10 next year.

Reactions: Brian39

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think the value for Calgary depends on your thoughts about Bahl. This is a very nice return if you think that Bahl is going to become a legit shutdown 2nd pair D man. Much less nice, but still not bad if you think that Bahl is never going to be more than a #4/5 tweener.

It does seem like a failure of negotiation that this deal couldn't have gotten done mid-season last year. Which side wasn't willing to do a deal like this 4 months ago?

While I think this is a pretty 'fair' deal, I wouldn't trade Binner for a similar package unless my pro scouting staff was absolutely in love with the 23 year old D man.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This PLD trade is a pretty hilarious circus. Do they give up a haul to get him, sign him to a huge extension, and then trade him away a year later for a mid level goalie.

Not a great look for Blake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad