Rumor: Pagnotta: Utah is making some noise and is actively shopping for a top-pair defenceman by the sounds of it. Something to keep an eye on this week.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Sell Andersson, move Weegar to RD, then sign a UFA top D.

Weegar is Calgary's top d-man so he won't be traded even if he is 3 years older than Ras.

I mean if you could sign a top pairing D, Utah should be all over that.

Biggest value of Rasmus right now is he makes nothing.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Owen Power is probably the only realistic name being said here, and I don't think it's realistic. Andersson too, but he doesn't fit in the core window for the team and is only signed short term.

The rest of the names being thrown out here are pretty much all trash, kindly take them out back and shoot them if you want them gone, cause Utah won't take your crap even if you dress it up in sparkles and glitter.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Owen Power is probably the only realistic name being said here, and I don't think it's realistic. Andersson too, but he doesn't fit in the core window for the team and is only signed short term.

The rest of the names being thrown out here are pretty much all trash
That's a pretty bad take right there.

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
People are wildly overestimating how easily the Coyotes would give up the 6th overall. Unless it’s a Byram/Power aged guy (not saying those guys are available), forget about it.

The Coyotes have about a million picks and the exact level of this theoretical top pairing guy is left completely open to interpretation. The 6th overall for your heavily paid veteran defender is not the only option that would fit this rumor.

Reactions: HabzSauce and JKG33

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

The rest of the names being thrown out here are pretty much all trash, kindly take them out back and shoot them if you want them gone, cause Utah won't take your crap even if you dress it up in sparkles and glitter.
Buffalo doesn't trade Power, it makes no sense.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Buffalo doesn't trade Power, it makes no sense.
I agree, which is why I said it's not realistic.
That's a pretty bad take right there.
1719438550650.png

This you?

Matheson, Pelech, Jones, Chychrun, Jokiharju, Timmins, Fowler, Trouba, Sergachev, Hamilton, Ceci, Nurse, Ekblad, Chabot, Power, Andersson and Theodore have been the names mentioned here.

Now, last I checked, exactly one of those players is under 24 and remotely close to a top pair D-man. Sergachev could maybe fit into Utah's core and is probably the same. Andersson is another guy who is a year older but is only signed for 2 more years. The rest of these guys are either trash, too old, or not top pairing. So yes actually, Utah won't be taking back Timmins or Chychrun or Jokiharju or Ceci or Nurse or Jones when they're specifically looking for a top pairing defenseman. And Power and Sergachev aren't realistic for the other team.

Talk about bad takes.

goach

Jun 30, 2013

Only thing with Power is that it'd strip Utah too much. Buffalo not looking for futures. But if something fits, perfect.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they are better off keeping their picks and paying a UFA like Pesce or Montour. I mean, what's the hurry?

Reactions: rynryn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad