GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
So is there anything to Koivu Jr than his fathers name?
He's been on a very explosive development curve this past year, as he started off the year playing in the J18 league with little to no shot at ever getting drafted but ended the year being over PPG in the J20 league. I predicted him to go somewhere closer to late 4th to early 5th round, but if you believe that he can continue developing at a rapid pace it's not a bad pick at all. Has a great right hand shot, especially good at one-timers. Above average hockey IQ, classic finnish centerman who is defensively responsible. He's a pretty bad skater though, even at the J20 level. Physically still extremely raw, so there could be quite a lot of room for future development in that aspect as well.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Saku was the light during so much darkness, what he represented, how he represented himself, pound for pound he was so tough, played through so much, will always be my favourite Hab. More than anyone on the ‘93 team even. :D
Well said.
Koivu gave me one of his Sherwood sticks many years ago. Class act

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
When I went I decided to go study abroad for a year, I chose to go to Finland because of Saku; feels good to have another Koivu on board!

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay