Around the NHL 2023-2024

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Didn't see this coming. Anyone have ideas about where he might be headed or who might replace Waddell as Hurricanes GM?

Tulsky is taking over as interim GM and he is one of the few names that constantly gets floated as 'the next up and coming GM' by insiders. I'll be pretty surprised if Tulsky isn't eventually named permanent GM.

Realistically, I think that the bigger question is whether Tulsky will takeover as 'President and GM' as a direct replacement to Waddell or if the team splits the duties between 2 people (likely an outside hire for President while Tulsky becomes the GM).

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So the Islanders trade #18 and #50 to Chicago for #20, #54, and #61. This is a weird trade to be making 1 month before the draft
I think I would have been OK if we had made this deal with #16 and #48. Picking up an extra 2nd rounder would have been a good move.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
So the Islanders trade #18 and #50 to Chicago for #20, #54, and #61. This is a weird trade to be making 1 month before the draft

It seems like Chicago has something up their sleeves? I mean, this feels like it's a precursor for something bigger to come. Are they going to try to move up even further than 18th overall at the draft? Do they want to trade for a player who's team demanded better picks? Otherwise a trade like this doesn't make any sense at all so far from the draft.

I can understand the Islanders though. There's not a lot of difference between picks 18 and 20 and 50 and 54... and they even get in an extra late 2nd round pick.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It seems like Chicago has something up their sleeves? I mean, this feels like it's a precursor for something bigger to come. Are they going to try to move up even further than 18th overall at the draft? Do they want to trade for a player who's team demanded better picks? Otherwise a trade like this doesn't make any sense at all so far from the draft.

I can understand the Islanders though. There's not a lot of difference between picks 18 and 20 and 50 and 54... and they even get in an extra late 2nd round pick.
depending on your board, the dropoff this year occurs somewhere between picks 16-20. islanders may well think they will basically get same player at 20 as 18 but chicago thinks they have assured they will still get one of their guys which they doubted at 20. and chicago has a MUCH deeper system than isles, so the extra 2nd would be much more needed by isles than chicago. it feels odd to see this trade NOW, but the trade itself seems to make sense for both sides.

Last edited:

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
That’s a move you can lay the groundwork for, but you pull the trigger when the guy you want is available at that spot - during the draft.

That's what I thought originally, then I looked up some prospect pool rankings, and the NYI were ranked in the bottom 3 of a few. So maybe they just felt getting another swing at a 2nd rounder was worth it because they need everything?

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Started paying attention to Verhaeghe's shot during the '23 playoffs. Nice hands. Quick, accurate shot.

Lindgren with a fantastic play on Barkov halfway thru the 2nd.

The Panthers do a better version of what won the Blues' Cup.

I want the Rangers to win. I predicted the Rangers to win. But the Panthers are pizzazzing the puck around with ultigreat magnifitude.

PK may be right about Bouchard getting the Conn Smythe, if and only if he performs well in the Final (should YEG make it) and the Oilers lose in the Final.

I've been talking up Laf, but is it fire or stupidity?

Alexis, I'm confused.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That's what I thought originally, then I looked up some prospect pool rankings, and the NYI were ranked in the bottom 3 of a few. So maybe they just felt getting another swing at a 2nd rounder was worth it because they need everything?
But how does it make sense for Chicago when they don’t know who is there? Maybe they have 3 guys rated the same, amd all three are available at 18. Why are they paying to move up 2 spots when they can retain their draft picks and pick one they know they want at 20? (Or whatever the numbers are)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
But how does it make sense for Chicago when they don’t know who is there? Maybe they have 3 guys rated the same, amd all three are available at 18. Why are they paying to move up 2 spots when they can retain their draft picks and pick one they know they want at 20? (Or whatever the numbers are)
The picks may be used to flip in a different trade for a player

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Are they looking to package 18 + 34 or 50 to move up further? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Dallas defensive stickplay is from another level.

Edmonton has more legs, but to me itse More of thst they had really tough 1st and scond round. They are tired.

Dallas nicely shutdown McJesus. That is what Edmonton really has now currently. Have to give Bouchard compliments, he's playing very impressive playoffs.

Im rooting for Dallas win a Cup. They have deserved it. No matter how I hate Benn.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dallas defensive stickplay is from another level.

Edmonton has more legs, but to me itse More of thst they had really tough 1st and scond round. They are tired.

Dallas nicely shutdown McJesus. That is what Edmonton really has now currently. Have to give Bouchard compliments, he's playing very impressive playoffs.

Im rooting for Dallas win a Cup. They have deserved it. No matter how I hate Benn.
Miro is on another level. Makar is only D in league who I find has real argument that perhaps he might be better.

1716744361898.png

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Trouba’s lucky his aim sucks because he’s tried to elbow two separate guys in the head these playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad