Around the NHL 2023-2024

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I can't believe I'm saying this...but I want the f***ing Stars to win it all. The Oilers fans will become seriously insufferable if they win, more insufferable than normal, so I don't want them anywhere near the Cup. I don't want the Rangers to win because we have their third-round draft pick, and Trouba and Rempe are certified pieces of shit. I don't want the Panthers to win because Cousins is even more of a piece of shit than Trouba, and I'm not as much a fan of Matthew Tkachuk as the rest of the board (he's still greasy and dirty. Talented as hell, but just as dirty.), so even my love of Barkov isn't enough (even though I'd still prefer them over the Rangers). So, I'll put aside my hatred for Benn, and root for a team that built themselves solidly from basically prospect development.

Reactions: Ranksu

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
I can't believe I'm saying this...but I want the f***ing Stars to win it all. The Oilers fans will become seriously insufferable if they win, more insufferable than normal, so I don't want them anywhere near the Cup. I don't want the Rangers to win because we have their third-round draft pick, and Trouba and Rempe are certified pieces of shit. I don't want the Panthers to win because Cousins is even more of a piece of shit than Trouba, and I'm not as much a fan of Matthew Tkachuk as the rest of the board (he's still greasy and dirty. Talented as hell, but just as dirty.), so even my love of Barkov isn't enough (even though I'd still prefer them over the Rangers). So, I'll put aside my hatred for Benn, and root for a team that built themselves solidly from basically prospect development.
I'd like to see McDavid and Drai win one. I will never ever willingly cheer for any team Benn is on. Such a douche. If the Oil can't win it all, I'm all in on the Rags winning. Panthers win...mehhhh. ok.

Benn must never ever touch the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I'd like to see McDavid and Drai win one. I will never ever willingly cheer for any team Benn is on. Such a douche. If the Oil can't win it all, I'm all in on the Rags winning. Panthers win...mehhhh. ok.

Benn must never ever touch the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!
Rempe has been a bigger douche in his lone half-year than Benn has been his entire career, and unlike Benn, Rempe has absolutely no talent other than getting the genetic lottery of size that he doesn't have the intellect to use other than "see face, punch face, get punched in face".

And the higher that third round pick, the better. Hence, I will never root for the Rangers.

Reactions: Brockon

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
That was a true disaster class from Skinner and Nurse last night. That Nurse contract is so awful.
Nurse has one good game, one bad game and so on....... This can't happen.

Just had a look at CapFriendly-Oilers and immediately started laughing.

All those UFAs. smh

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Benn is just as dirty as any of the other guys you listed there.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Benn is just as dirty as any of the other guys you listed there.
Believe me, I hate Benn. Were it an option, I'd be going for the Hurricanes. But they're not in it. Our options are a shit sundae, a shit concrete, a shit milkshake, and a shit malt. Might as well take the one with less shit in it, and aside from Benn, I don't truly hate anything about the Stars.

• Haha
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Believe me, I hate Benn. Were it an option, I'd be going for the Hurricanes. But they're not in it. Our options are a shit sundae, a shit concrete, a shit milkshake, and a shit malt. Might as well take the one with less shit in it, and aside from Benn, I don't truly hate anything about the Stars.
Which one is which?

Is Dallas the shit sundae? Or is Dallas the shit malt?

The Edmonton Shit Shakes has a real ring to it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I look at it as I don't care which one of the shit wins because none of them are anything I want to eat, I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the festivities, hoping they smear it on each other in most entertaining ways.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I look at it as I don't care which one of the shit wins because none of them are anything I want to eat, I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the festivities, hoping they smear it on each other in most entertaining ways.

If that's what you find entertaining, remind me not to go clicking around in your internet search history.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Fair enough, I just thought it was interesting you didn't like other teams because of cheap players when Dallas has arguably the biggest one of all. As for me, I couldn't really care less who wins at this point, just want to be entertained while watching it happen.

Reactions: Memento

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I was rooting for the Oilers but they just don’t have enough. They are lacking in many areas. They need another top 4 d-man, a better goalie, and a couple more forwards to improve their bottom 6. I think they’re toast.

Dallas is pretty clearly the best team in the league, IMO. They are so well-rounded. Whoever comes out of the East will certainly put up a fight, but Dallas will be a very deserving Cup winner if it does come to that, even if I’m not rooting for them.

Reactions: Drubilly

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
otFuHj.gif

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I was rooting for the Oilers but they just don’t have enough. They are lacking in many areas. They need another top 4 d-man, a better goalie, and a couple more forwards to improve their bottom 6. I think they’re toast.

Dallas is pretty clearly the best team in the league, IMO. They are so well-rounded. Whoever comes out of the East will certainly put up a fight, but Dallas will be a very deserving Cup winner if it does come to that, even if I’m not rooting for them.
I think that Dallas is the better team, but it is way too early (and hockey has too much randomness) to count Edmonton out. I'd be betting on Dallas, but Edmonton is absolutely capable of winning 3 of the next 4.

Edmonton is outshooting Dallas 97-78 and all three games have been 1 goal affairs (excluding empty netters). We haven't seen McDavid have one of his absurd God-mode games and Drai only has 1 point in 3 games. Skinner hasn't been good, but even the worst goalies can steal a couple games in a small sample size and/or be 'good enough' in small sample sizes.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Dallas Florida is the Final it torpedoes the conspiracists who have to be certain that the NHL "wants" its best player facing New York City instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad