Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone ever attended an NHL Winter Classic/Outdoor Game in-person?

From my arguably ignorant outside looking in point of view, I feel like if your main objective is to watch hockey then that has to be one of the most overrated and expensive experiences ever. What can you actually see without help from the screens?

But I suppose you at least get to look cool by telling people you were there.
The selling point is the experience. I had the opportunity to buy 2 tickets for the game at the Big House but decided against it. It would have been a major financial setback once travel was factored in. My brain kept my heart in check. I was living in the Chicago burbs when the game at Wrigley went down. I tried like hell for tickets but they were too damn expensive. Ended up watching the game at a downtown wing joint with Blackhawks fans. It was great...for me.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Fun stuff.

I wish we had (or at least I had access to) a daily NHL show where they discuss the previous night's games for the entire league. Kind of like how ESPN has one for each of the other major sports.

Cause those shows sometimes have lists of "Top 10 Pitcher/Quarterback meltdowns". I'd love to see one for goalies/NHL coaches.

I'm guessing TSN/Sportsnet has something like this but I probably don't have access to it. Even if I did, I suspect that they mostly talk about the Maple Leafs.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-2-28_16-11-17.png

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Buffalo has utterly checked out. At least we have the excuse of having 0 talent, their roster is actually pretty good. Never seen a losing culture as bad as that one... Never recovered from the eichel tank job. Hope we don't go through something similar here...

Reactions: Winger98

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

I only vaguely hear about how brutal the Canadian media is on their own teams. Is it really that bad?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Athanasiou looks like a different player with Vilardi centering his line instead of Lizotte.
Was flying all night. only 1 assist. But still

He's also played a lot with Jeff Carter, at least he did early in the season. I always felt like he could be a really good player on the third line. He got scoring line time in Edmonton and I don't think it went all that well.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I only vaguely hear about how brutal the Canadian media is on their own teams. Is it really that bad?

Yeah.
But you know, the questions brought out better answers.

It seems obvious what happened. Carey Price has mostly been a disaster this year.
That's on Bergevin, because he can't do anything but live with it.
Nobody would take that contract.
What can you do to spark something in Carey? You fire his goalie coach. Make some schlub making $100,000 a year the fall guy for your $10M a year goalie.
That's a pretty big shot at Carey.
But what else can you do? You've got to get Price's game to at least passable levels.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He's also played a lot with Jeff Carter, at least he did early in the season. I always felt like he could be a really good player on the third line. He got scoring line time in Edmonton and I don't think it went all that well.

He wasn't healthy last year until after the pause.
Right now, the Carter-Vilardi-AA line is LA's 2nd line. Last night they led the team with 12:46 TOI at 5 on 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad