Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Seattle should be a great place for a team. Only real question is which team moves into the central division. Someone is going to end up with a lousy travel schedule.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Seattle should be a great place for a team. Only real question is which team moves into the central division. Someone is going to end up with a lousy travel schedule.
And what their name would be. I've never seen a good one. There was even a joke about this in an episode of Frasier from like 20 years ago. :laugh:

Reactions: Holocene

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I have a feeling that Seattle are getting the expansion franchise and Houston are gonna get the Yotes.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Seattle will work. Young city, heavy in tech, they've been wanting a team back since the Sonics unfairly left. Great history with both Junior Hockey and of course the Seattle Metropolitans winning the Stanley Cup in 1917 so a good "History of Hockey in Seattle" museum can be placed in the arena.

Have to remember that even though the Seahawks have had this 4-5 year run of being an elite team, the Mariners haven't been a top team in 15 years, so there will be the appetite for sports during the winter months.

Seattle/Vancouver could instantly become not a top rivalry in this league, but definitely in the high second tier. Like not Rangers/Islanders or Canadians/Leafs or even Kings/Ducks, but more like a Rangers/Flyers, Hawks/Blues, etc.

They'd instantly have the Canucks, three Cali team, Vegas in a "Battle of the New Kids", and even Dallas in a "Battle of the Tech Cities" as good rivals, and that city has enough transplants from New York, Chicago, Detroit, etc. to guarantee the big market games are sold out.

Reactions: trilobyte

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Depends on what you mean by best.

Quebec would sell out every game if they had an arena.

Seattle might be the "most ready" and most favorably looked upon by the NHL powers that be.

Relocation teams are cheaper than new franchises. And Seattle is financially more stable than Quebec. I think it is quite risky to have even more Canadian teams in the NHL simply from a financial standpoint.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t mind the Seattle expansion - maybe they increase amount of games in one season and start a season earlier in a year, and that`s bonus more games is only a bonus.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Tom Wilson really gave Jumbo Joe a Nice countershot to the head knocking him down in a good old fashioned bout. Charmin soft Joe...

Pete DeBoer called Tom Wilson's decision to fight Joe Thornton "premeditated crap".

LOL...Wake up Pete! Your boy took a liberty on a player in a vulnerable position. Was a dangerous play. Wilson called him out and fed him his lunch. Was a thing of beauty. Jumbo totally owned up to it. DeBoer is such a bitch.

Reactions: bl02

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Depends on what you mean by best.

Quebec would sell out every game if they had an arena.

Seattle might be the "most ready" and most favorably looked upon by the NHL powers that be.

I think this might do the trick. They got this built a while ago. I would have thought everybody knew about it.
Surely, it is reasonable for the NHL royalty that is the NHL BOG, Bettman and his droogs. I'm sure if they went there, they would get their habitual free lunch.
Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

Last edited:

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I hope it never happens. I want that disgusting franchise out of the NY area asap.

At least this essentially takes them out of the city and back on Long Island. Or is Belmont Park in Queens? I know it's right on the border. Regardless, I doubt anyone really considers it NYC.

Also, this likely means that NYC FC will NOT be moving to Belmont and will likely be building their arena in the Bronx or the Willets Point area. Great news for soccer fans in the city like me who take the subway to games :D

Reactions: YearOfTheCat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad