Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Stuff you can't skimp on: Work boots, pastries, and hockey teams. The Sens owner is terrible for hockey in Ottawa.

It hurts the morale of the locker room when the GM is in sell mode. It can't feel good when the owner is trying to save a pretty penny and trading away a productive player for financial considerations.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
That Duchene trade gets more and more brutal everyday. That first Ottawa gave up might really bite them soon.

Reactions: bl02

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why was Atkinson a healthy scratch? What did he do to piss Torts off?

Also, that Mackinnon goal against Florida was sick. Weird that a glorified 50 point player is on pace for 96 points this season. Never understood how some people didn't think he was a great player.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I sincerely feel sorry for the Coyotes and of course their fans. I'd like them to get another win as a Christmas present.
It almost brings a tear, but I keep those for the Rangers haha.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I sincerely feel sorry for the Coyotes and of course their fans. I'd like them to get another win as a Christmas present.
Arizona needs to become relevant. Lots of Rangers fans there. Panthers are at least competitive as is Carolina now.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

You keep the tears for the Rangers?

:)

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Arizona needs to become relevant. Lots of Rangers fans there. Panthers are at least competitive as is Carolina now.

I thought that with Rick Tochett in charge, they might just see a bump up in scoring and have a different look, for the better in the win-loss columns. It looks like another, even longer season for them.

You keep the tears for the Rangers?

:)
Lately, it's mostly smiles and chuckles, plus I don't get as bent out of shape when the Rangers lose as I used to in years gone by. Even during the first part of this season, I entertained the thought that the Rangers could conceivably not be in the post-season (just a clinical observation wile retaining my usual optomism), and that also was just recognition of how good they have been since the lockout in providing their supporters with reasons to get excited season after season. Luckily, the dark ages of the New York (retirement home) Rangers are kind of a blurry black hole to me now :)

Last edited:

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't get bent out of shape after losses because 1) I'm older and wiser and 2) I kinda expect it. haha

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Ottawa tailspin still in effect. Playing pretty damn poorly. Everybody looks frustrated and just a bit... sad.

So, they'll bring their A game against us no doubt. We'll make them look godly.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Buffalo scored on PP 3-0 wow - Ottawa is struggling for sure.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Ottawa rocking that 1-9-2 in their last 12 games.

They've also been shut out in 3 of their last 4 games and have yet to score tonight.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Brayden Point and Oskar Sundqvist just high sticked each other for coincidental minors. Point bleeding profusely, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad