Around The NHL #13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt

VAN needs some secondary scoring, but him? Do they just have $0,000,000.00 cap space?

Good decision

Bad decision. He got off light. Raffi Torres got suspended longer for hitting people in the head with shoulders and elbows during full-speed action. Dale Hunter threw a less severe hit after the play and he got 21 games, thirty years ago, back when elbowing people in the head was a minor penalty. Rielly went in stick-first, well after the whistle with intent. I'm shocked it's less than 10.

Edit: the comments in the Leafs forum are ... well, yeah ... they're exactly what you think.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
VAN needs some secondary scoring, but him? Do they just have $0,000,000.00 cap space?

Bad decision. He got off light. Raffi Torres got suspended longer for hitting people in the head with shoulders and elbows during full-speed action. Dale Hunter threw a less severe hit after the play and he got 21 games, thirty years ago, back when elbowing people in the head was a minor penalty. Rielly went in stick-first, well after the whistle with intent. I'm shocked it's less than 10.

Edit: the comments in the Leafs forum are ... well, yeah ... they're exactly what you think.

Rielly is a first time offender, Torres was a multi-repeat offender.

Rielly was a post play attack. Torres was in the middle of play.

And Leafs fans are gonna Leafs fans.....

:dunno:

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Reilly is less lethal than Perron. Hunter hit Turgeon with enough force to separate his shoulder. You are trying too hard on this one.

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s made an absolute mess in CBJ.
I don't think so. They have as much or more talent than we do in the organization. That Babcock mess is what did him in, but I would think Davidson would have had some say. The next GM will reap the rewards for sure.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
When BA left the Blues he had been promoted to AGM over scouting. They had their AGM over the AHL team and their cap AGM like most teams, also. Would it rock the boat too much to give Jarmo that BA style title over the scouting side? Would that be a slap in the face to the Owski’s? They just re-signed without promotions, so it doesn’t seem crazy to think they could have a boss hired over them. It would give us that somewhat standard 3 AGM model. With Ludwig being the cap guy and Jarmo the Scouting guy and JFJr the AHL guy.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I hope they lose every game. I am jealous of teams who always get the shiny toys we never get and for them to get Hischier, J Hughes & Nemec...screw 'em.
It's the shameless tankers or the poorly managed that I can't stand and hope they lose every game..... Chicago/Edmonton. And I'm from Chicago!

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
When BA left the Blues he had been promoted to AGM over scouting. They had their AGM over the AHL team and their cap AGM like most teams, also. Would it rock the boat too much to give Jarmo that BA style title over the scouting side? Would that be a slap in the face to the Owski’s? They just re-signed without promotions, so it doesn’t seem crazy to think they could have a boss hired over them. It would give us that somewhat standard 3 AGM model. With Ludwig being the cap guy and Jarmo the Scouting guy and JFJr the AHL guy.
I believe JK is under contract for another year so I doubt we see anything before his contract expires.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012

The Owskis are better than Jarmo.

I’m curious if JFJ gets an extension soon. A little concerned that Ludwig was extended to AGM, but maybe we’ll have two.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad