Around The NHL #13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think it has the veracity or outcome to compare to Hunter although the action looks similar. I see the Perron as best recent comparable. I've only seen full speed not great angle video yet so my opinion could change with a better look and Grieg injury. Watching DOPS over the years I predict anywhere from nothing to 6 games and would not bet any money on any number.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
One day I'll understand how Torres gets the death sentence he got years back and stuff like this gets a handful of games. One is actually at least involved in some semblance of hockey play and the other is just a mugging after the whistle.

Not that I have much hope for DoPS anyway but he really should get more than half a dozen.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
One day I'll understand how Torres gets the death sentence he got years back and stuff like this gets a handful of games. One is actually at least involved in some semblance of hockey play and the other is just a mugging after the whistle.

Not that I have much hope for DoPS anyway but he really should get more than half a dozen.
On that same line Perron got 6 games, Rielly likely similar, meanwhile McAvoy and Gallagher get less for targeting the head. The Torres one was the most egregious in history imo.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
On that same line Perron got 6 games, Rielly likely similar, meanwhile McAvoy and Gallagher get less for targeting the head. The Torres one was the most egregious in history imo.
I don't understand how you can claim a hit made during the heat of battle is more egregious than one with far more premeditation, but we've all got opinions.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hit to the head 5 percent fine of totally yearly salary including bonus. Would change things quickly.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yes I've completely shown support with my comparison to a 6 game suspension?? Don't worry though your fellow Americans love your posts.

I don't understand how you can claim a hit made during the heat of battle is more egregious than one with far more premeditation, but we've all got opinions.
Would you rather have a cross check slightly to neck/head or a guy skating full speed put his shoulder into your chin? I take the neck hit. Ideally i want neither and want both punished. I think Rielly's clean record should matter but he deserves a suspension unless I've missed something??

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Perron and Larkin were battling it out in front of the net when Perron went too far from what I saw. Perron turned around and Larkin was there, hit. Heat of the battle. Bad enough.

Reilly had to go out of his way and skate up to Grieg to hit him. If you slow certain angles of the video down Grieg actually has enough time to look Reilly in the eyes and just start to react to it coming by the time Reilly got there.

BIG difference for me.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Perron and Larkin were battling it out in front of the net when Perron went too far from what I saw. Perron turned around and Larkin was there, hit. Heat of the battle. Bad enough.

Reilly had to go out of his way and skate up to Grieg to hit him. If you slow certain angles of the video down Grieg actually has enough time to look Reilly in the eyes and just start to react to it coming by the time Reilly got there.

BIG difference for me.
The Perron suspension was against Otrawa. He crosschecked a player after the whistle.

If you don't think Perron went out if his way I'm not sure what to say.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The Perron suspension was against Otrawa. He crosschecked a player after the whistle.

If you don't think Perron went out if his way I'm not sure what to say.

Lol!!! I don't know what I was thinking because I made no sense. You are correct. He really does go out of his way too. That's just not how I incorrectly remembered it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Lol!!! I don't know what I was thinking because I made no sense. You are correct. He really does go out of his way too.
Imo, and it's just that, is that Perron is more violent but both equally stupid. I don't usually understand DOPS well but 5 or 6 games seems right unless Rielly's good behavior and lack of injury get accounted for??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
@Jamieh The thing is though, Perron came back thinking he was retaliating for a downed teammate. Reilly was pissed about a slapshot into an empty net.
Right, both stupid. If you look at any game where a player puts puck into net after whistle it usually ends with stupidity. Its the way the game kinda goes too much regardless of how stupid it is.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Right, both stupid. If you look at any game where a player puts puck into net after whistle it usually ends with stupidity. Its the way the game kinda goes too much regardless of how stupid it is.

I still think that one is more stupid than the other. But as far as penalties go, couldn't tell ya. Honestly I don't know enough about each players past to make a judgment myself.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
@Jamieh The thing is though, Perron came back thinking he was retaliating for a downed teammate. Reilly was pissed about a slapshot into an empty net.
And Perron was with Zub so he should have known he didn't injure Larkin. It's all bad plays and both will be suspended

I still think that one is more stupid than the other. But as far as penalties go, couldn't tell ya. Honestly I don't know enough about each players past to make a judgment myself.
Oh I wouldn't argue that but the actions are very similar and neither has a good reason for that action. So imo comparable acts that should be treated similarly

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Would you rather have a cross check slightly to neck/head or a guy skating full speed put his shoulder into your chin? I take the neck hit. Ideally i want neither and want both punished. I think Rielly's clean record should matter but he deserves a suspension unless I've missed something??
My son died from a cross check to the throat, so I’ll take a shoulder to shoulder clean hit, if someone absolutely has to be an asshole.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I didn't give that option. And really sorry to hear about your Son, I can't imagine that pain.
Thanks, my point was that a crosscheck to the head/neck is not a good thing and should be removed from the game just as much as head contact of any other type.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad