Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There's much more risk for Montreal in that deal than Columbus. $8.7M cap hit with no retention for a player that's played his way off two teams, is injured often, does not drive a line, and is coming out of the player assistance program. I wish Patrik well but without significant retention from CBJ, that is a toxic contract IMO.
He would be our highest paid player on the Jets if we got him , no thanks .

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The Professor vs. Rabid Montreal Fans.

Sounds like a WWE PPV special.
I can’t wait to see the professors 5 burner accounts against the Habs army.
IMG_7788.gif

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Interesting that Laine accepted Mtl as a landing spot. Either they were not on his list or he waived.
I think that Waddell's comments about him were a way of painting him into a corner to maybe waive to go to a team who was on his NTC list

It would have been very difficult for Laine to report to camp after his GM said those things publicly

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Since there was a little speculation that we were interested in Laine, I loosely followed the main board trade thread

Lots of CBJ fans in there are eating crow right now. They were convinced he had actual value at full price right until the very end

I felt he had “some” value with heavy retention but otherwise he was going to be a cap dump like his buddy Pierre or is it don’t call me Pierre? He and PLD have both hit rock bottom at the same time as far as their market value. I am so glad this is not our problem.

Habs do need more goals and points but who gets Suzuki as their centre?? Is it Laine or lil Cole. Who takes the one timers from the office on the PP?

As long as the Habs have the cap space they can grab this guy now to try to capture lightning in a bottle this season and flip him as a rental 19 months from now.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Finally its over ... the rumors of Laine coming back to the Jets are dead.:devdance::dumbo::pickle::walrus::banana:
Speaking of dumb GMs ... what are the Sharks doing?
Helping out the division leaders by taking a salary cap dump off them .. whatever happened too not trading in your own division. :huh::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad