Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I think they

I think Helle has been overworked every season. The weird thing about him is that he has a ridiculous record in games where he faces 50+ shots (I'd have to look it up but it's insane). If I were made coach for a day, I'd try to keep his starts in the 50 games range. As he ages, even more so

As for the rest of the team in the playoffs, I think it's a lack of willingness to exert themselves moreso than the ability to do so. Which is even more problematic

I would pull him too if he is having a bad game

Helle goes on about his game being fine (especially comes playoff time) but talk is cheap …….

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Hockey the most random of sports. You can dominate for long stretches and get no puck luck, then lose on pure puck luck.
To come back from 2 down and dominate most of the third and again in OT and not win has to weigh on the mind, they need to come out for game 4 and take the game from the get go. Not scoring during Trouba's double minor did not help.

Reactions: KingBogo and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought the Panthers pretty much dominated play, and out muscled the Rangers, but yet they lost. New York was lucky to win IMO, but we'll see what happens over a 7 game series, and my money in on the Panthers. They also outshot and outchanced the Rangers.

In the other series, I think the Oilers win that series, and I'm rooting for them although many posters on here hate the Oilers and Toronto, but I'd love to see a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup, as it's been about 30 years or so. Oilers are getting good goaltending from Skinner, and they have more firepower, so I really like their chances. I think the Oilers will meet the Panthers in the Cup final, and win it all.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought the Panthers pretty much dominated play, and out muscled the Rangers, but yet they lost. New York was lucky to win IMO, but we'll see what happens over a 7 game series, and my money in on the Panthers. They also outshot and outchanced the Rangers.

In the other series, I think the Oilers win that series, and I'm rooting for them although many posters on here hate the Oilers and Toronto, but I'd love to see a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup, as it's been about 30 years or so. Oilers are getting good goaltending from Skinner, and they have more firepower, so I really like their chances. I think the Oilers will meet the Panthers in the Cup final, and win it all.
I'd be happy to see any Canadian team win the Cup as long as it's the Jets.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This Dallas/ Edmonton series just doesn't have the oomph that the Florida/ New York series has
Has the feeling of a war of attrition... Naopoleon's retreat from Moscow kind of gestalt.

787px-Napoleons_retreat_from_moscow.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad