Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Is it just me.....or is this not great hockey. Maybe just a combination of bad ice, injuries, exhaustion etc.
The season is just way to long, no need to be playing hockey in late May going into June. Revenue drives the league and a shorter season and playoffs will never happen. Last night's game was a sloppy affair but it's one game and I think the series will get better

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
It was a Game 1 in the playoffs so a bit of both. Edmonton is solid defensively though. I think Ekholm and Bouchard is the best pairing in the playoffs this year.
They are fortunate that Bouchard was high end offensive instincts because his defensive play and outlet passes are really frightening at times. He seems to be paired accordingly as well so that is smart. He is like the defenceman version of KC where the coach is going to give you some liberties because you generate more than you are liable for.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They are fortunate that Bouchard was high end offensive instincts because his defensive play and outlet passes are really frightening at times. He seems to be paired accordingly as well so that is smart. He is like the defenceman version of KC where the coach is going to give you some liberties because you generate more than you are liable for.
That’s what they need to do with kc. Get a canals for the 2nd line and let kc go to work.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I guess it was a big mistake signing Kotkaniemi
The first NHL buyout period opens the later of June 15th or 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final ends. Here are the most popular buyouts based on users running the CapFriendly Buyout Calculator and Armchair-GM:
1. J Kotkaniemi #CauseChaos2. I Mikheyev #Canucks 3. J Campbell #LetsGoOilers4. D Nurse #LetsGoOilers5. J Skinner #LetsGoBuffalo6. V Nichushkin #GoAvsGo 7. C Atkinson #LetsGoFlyers8. B Gallagher #GoHabsGo

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I still expect Dallas to win this series eventually but if you think about it - there was never a clear favorite for this year's Cup Winner at any point.

McDavid is going to win at least one Stanley Cup in his career, might as well happen this year. Who knows. This year is as good as any year for the Oilers to win it, I guess.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I guess it was a big mistake signing Kotkaniemi
The first NHL buyout period opens the later of June 15th or 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final ends. Here are the most popular buyouts based on users running the CapFriendly Buyout Calculator and Armchair-GM:
1. J Kotkaniemi #CauseChaos2. I Mikheyev #Canucks 3. J Campbell #LetsGoOilers4. D Nurse #LetsGoOilers5. J Skinner #LetsGoBuffalo6. V Nichushkin #GoAvsGo 7. C Atkinson #LetsGoFlyers8. B Gallagher #GoHabsGo
I'd actually take a flyer on Kotkaniemi. He's 4.82M long term and scores at about 0.4 PPG pace

He's young, has size, skates decently, and plays centre. I think there is untapped potential there still

No trade protection, either. People will lose their minds for me suggesting this, but I'd do one year of Ehlers straight up for him if we can't find a trade partner that will help us address the RHD hole

This of course assumes that ehlers wants out and there's no extension in place

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Nothing to do with entertainment or who I'd like to win, but I think it would be neat to see DeBoer vs Maurice final. Those guys are classy coaches and I think they would enjoy talking about that with each other after they retire.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'd actually take a flyer on Kotkaniemi. He's 4.82M long term and scores at about 0.4 PPG pace

He's young, has size, skates decently, and plays centre. I think there is untapped potential there still

No trade protection, either. People will lose their minds for me suggesting this, but I'd do one year of Ehlers straight up for him if we can't find a trade partner that will help us address the RHD hole

This of course assumes that ehlers wants out and there's no extension in place
Kotkaniemi Zero goals One assist in 11 playoff games and a minus 2 playing only 11 minutes ... no thanks. As you can see regular season means nothing come playoff time.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Oilers winning the Cup would be great. They deserve it as much as the next team. Kane with the winning goal would be something.
1716590657133.jpg

Never gets old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad