Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I hope the Leafs re sign Mathews to some ungodly number, guy is a great player but in the playoffs he falls flat same goes for Marner. Leafs have a whole bunch of forward UFA's who were pumped up by the Leafs media as being valuable members during the season. I also hope they over pay for Bunting. Leafs fans deserve nothing but misery

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
I hope the Leafs re sign Mathews to some ungodly number, guy is a great player but in the playoffs he falls flat same goes for Marner. Leafs have a whole bunch of forward UFA's who were pumped up by the Leafs media as being valuable members during the season. I also hope they over pay for Bunting. Leafs fans deserve nothing but misery
I see Matthews bolting for a U.S. based team after next season (if he isn’t traded).

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I see Matthews bolting for a U.S. based team after next season (if he isn’t traded).
Oh I agree but a huge contract say 13-15 m a year would hurt the Leafs since the cap is not going up by leaps and bounds any time soon. A new GM might not be as generous as Dubas was when he was throwing money around the team.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
If i was a Leafs fan I would find this so depressing. Their team has flaws but all teams have flaws. This is their window of contention and the team keeps shitting the bed. They still have two seasons of that Tavaris contract and I think they are too pot committed to the players to give up quite yet (Matthews intentions notwithstanding).

My guess is they do a Jets 2022 off season move…….gut the coaching staff for sure…… and maybe the GM……Shanny lives one more hire.
Whoever made the decision to get rid of Lou lamirello will be canned. Lou really had experience that was much needed.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Whoever made the decision to get rid of Lou lamirello will be canned. Lou really had experience that was much needed.

Starting to sound Monty Python-esque :laugh:

monty-python-quotes-inline-1.jpg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The one thing that isn’t getting talked enough about yet is this the last game for Auston Matthews as a Leaf? Like PLD, Schief, Helle he is entering the last year of his contract and he has a NMC that kicks in starting next season? 11 points in 11 games in the playoffs but he disappeared in the 2nd round and for the most part has been a colossal failure in the Playoffs for his level of one of the elite talents in the NHL.

Does he even want to stay in Toronto after next season. Who will the GM be that might have to deal with this before his NMC kicks in? I assume they keep him and sign him to a stupid contract but who knows maybe the kid hits the wall on the market and decides he wants a fresh start. I always assumed he would lead the Leafs to the promissed land but he will be 26 in September and they don’t seem to have what it takes as a group.
Oh believe me, it’s getting talked about on HF Laffs. They want him shot to the moon. You love to read it. :nod:

Coilers lose:banana:
Coilers AND Laffs lose, ICE win. What a great night for hockey!
:cheer::hockey::cheers::partytime::banana::dd::devdance::dumbo::pickle::clap::snide::wave::handclap::highclap::5::hyper::jump::):tvhappy::m-dance::vhappy::towel::yo:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It’s essentially a win-win for us Laff h8ers with Nostrils’s next contract. Either Matthews skips town, which will generate all kinds of salt, or he signs a ridiculous contract that Leaf fans will defend like their lives depend on it, and which I will laugh at.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
In my opinion, this was a combination of Maurice being a better coach than people give him credit for, and Leaf stars (especially Matthews and Marner) being chokers when the stakes are at their highest (in the playoffs).

EDIT: Also, Bobrovsky finally reappeared and provided excellent tending. It seems that Hellebuyck is beyond reproach with many on this board, but he has yet to deliver the goods (stellar play or even good quality) play in the playoffs. I maintain my opinion that he was a major piece of our loss to Vegas last time around, and he wasn't bad but wasn't fantastic this time around from my view here in Europe so feel free to disregard my opinion as I did not pay very close attention this playoffs.
Bang on about Helly, he hasn't stolen us a PO game in a very long time!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i didn't think any one of them "mainstrem media fans" were worse or as irritating than Jesse Pollock. But Steve Dangle, sheesh.

Reactions: macmaroon

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Steve Dangle, look at me look at me I can hockey. His 15 are almost done
Pretty bad take, his podcast network is growing quite rapidly and actually turning into a business. He is bigger than he's ever been. He may be annoying but that doesn't mean he is going to go away any time soon.

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad