Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Yep, that account was kind of a joke early on where he teased whose account it was. I think they joked that it was TSN's James Duthie's for a while.

It never ended up getting a checkmark/verified (even before the stupidity around that), but it is Luongo :laugh:

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Why does Woodcroft remind me of this guy

1683950300330.png

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Always liked that meme

Best part is Leafs lose and it hurts the Habs at the same time. Perfect
It’s great because in March many Habs fans were hoping that pick would be a lottery pick and even if it didn’t win the lottery that was their “prime trade chip” except now it’s marginally devalued.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The one thing that isn’t getting talked enough about yet is this the last game for Auston Matthews as a Leaf? Like PLD, Schief, Helle he is entering the last year of his contract and he has a NMC that kicks in starting next season? 11 points in 11 games in the playoffs but he disappeared in the 2nd round and for the most part has been a colossal failure in the Playoffs for his level of one of the elite talents in the NHL.

Does he even want to stay in Toronto after next season. Who will the GM be that might have to deal with this before his NMC kicks in? I assume they keep him and sign him to a stupid contract but who knows maybe the kid hits the wall on the market and decides he wants a fresh start. I always assumed he would lead the Leafs to the promissed land but he will be 26 in September and they don’t seem to have what it takes as a group.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Wonderful to see the Leafs lose. Even more wonderful not having to listen to Chris Cuthbert edge every time a Leaf has the puck in the offensive zone nor listen to Craig Simpson whine whenever something goes against Toronto.
In an overt show of courage, Cuth Chrisbert and Simp Craigson may dip their toes into non-Leafy waters.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The one thing that isn’t getting talked enough about yet is this the last game for Auston Matthews as a Leaf? Like PLD, Schief, Helle he is entering the last year of his contract and he has a NMC that kicks in starting next season? 11 points in 11 games in the playoffs but he disappeared in the 2nd round and for the most part has been a colossal failure in the Playoffs for his level of one of the elite talents in the NHL.

Does he even want to stay in Toronto after next season. Who will the GM be that might have to deal with this before his NMC kicks in? I assume they keep him and sign him to a stupid contract but who knows maybe the kid hits the wall on the market and decides he wants a fresh start. I always assumed he would lead the Leafs to the promissed land but he will be 26 in September and they don’t seem to have what it takes as a group.
I think TO may try to keep him. IMHO Matthews is an average playoff performer with max lipstick applied. He's a weird combination of elite skill and mental weakness. He never seemed to graduate to the point where he can put the team on his shoulders.

Playoff Contributors on the Leafs (Eye Test Alert, the following content is not approved by Cuth Chrisbert nor Simp Craigson, and thus may upset some viewers)

Reilly = Nylander = Woll >> Matthews > JT >> Marner

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think TO may try to keep him. IMHO Matthews is an average playoff performer with max lipstick applied. He's a weird combination of elite skill and mental weakness. He never seemed to graduate to the point where he can put the team on his shoulders.

Playoff Contributors on the Leafs (Eye Test Alert, the following content is not approved by Cuth Chrisbert nor Simp Craigson, and thus may upset some viewers)

Reilly = Nylander = Woll >> Matthews > JT >> Marner

If i was a Leafs fan I would find this so depressing. Their team has flaws but all teams have flaws. This is their window of contention and the team keeps shitting the bed. They still have two seasons of that Tavaris contract and I think they are too pot committed to the players to give up quite yet (Matthews intentions notwithstanding).

My guess is they do a Jets 2022 off season move…….gut the coaching staff for sure…… and maybe the GM……Shanny lives one more hire.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Haha Leafs lost to Maurice. Solid.
In my opinion, this was a combination of Maurice being a better coach than people give him credit for, and Leaf stars (especially Matthews and Marner) being chokers when the stakes are at their highest (in the playoffs).

EDIT: Also, Bobrovsky finally reappeared and provided excellent tending. It seems that Hellebuyck is beyond reproach with many on this board, but he has yet to deliver the goods (stellar play or even good quality) play in the playoffs. I maintain my opinion that he was a major piece of our loss to Vegas last time around, and he wasn't bad but wasn't fantastic this time around from my view here in Europe so feel free to disregard my opinion as I did not pay very close attention this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad