Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They say you can't find middle-6 scoring. Seattle getting so much value out of Bjorkstrand, Sprong and Tolvanen. A guy given up for free, a guy signed for league minimum off a PTO and a guy claimed off of waivers.

Sprong was just to obvious of a choice of player that would break out a bit if he had a consistent spot on a team. i was big on him last off-season for us to provide scoring depth, and a possible fill-in if a top-6 injury occurred.

of players with similar 5v5 mins (went with 556mins 10% less of Sprong's) 7th in goals/60 and 3rd in pts/60, +19 at 5v5 with good shot/chance rates. v good bottom-6 offensive player that scores at a v high rate given the TOI. the previous 3-years he rated out pretty well too despite inconsistent role.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sprong was just to obvious of a choice of player that would break out a bit if he had a consistent spot on a team. i was big on him last off-season for us to provide scoring depth, and a possible fill-in if a top-6 injury occurred.

of players with similar 5v5 mins (went with 556mins 10% less of Sprong's) 7th in goals/60 and 3rd in pts/60, +19 at 5v5 with good shot/chance rates. v good bottom-6 offensive player that scores at a v high rate given the TOI. the previous 3-years he rated out pretty well too despite inconsistent role.

Seattle put together a fantastic analytics team so its not an accident they are picking up assets due to market inefficiencies. I also remember watching quite a bit of Columbus when Laine was traded to see how he was doing. I remember even posting that I would choose Bjorkstrand over Laine due to his more complete game.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Leafs choked again last night, they played like crap. That team has such huge mental issues its crazy, lots of talent but huge mental issues.

Same thing was said after they got rolled in Game 1 against Tampa.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
AGreed, they have a lot of talent but their mental issues get in the way constantly.

I don't think it was mental issues last night, Florida played a different style than Tampa and Toronto wasn't ready for it. Same thing happened in Dallas, Florida and Seattle both are faster than Toronto and Dallas' respective first round opponent. I think they'll adjust fine. Leafs might need to bring in someone faster than Giordano because Florida is getting some scoring from a couple of lines.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't think it was mental issues last night, Florida played a different style than Tampa and Toronto wasn't ready for it. Same thing happened in Dallas, Florida and Seattle both are faster than Toronto and Dallas' respective first round opponent. I think they'll adjust fine. Leafs might need to bring in someone faster than Giordano because Florida is getting some scoring from a couple of lines.

Certainly that was a factor, but good teams and good players should be able to adjust after the 1st period.......Leafs just looked flat, tired and lazy out there last night.......and a bit confused.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Certainly that was a factor, but good teams and good players should be able to adjust after the 1st period.......Leafs just looked flat, tired and lazy out there last night.......and a bit confused.

A little bit - they've played better, certainly. I'm not too concerned for either team's chances though. I don't think Florida is deep enough and Dallas seems to be rolling again too.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Paul Maurice is actually dissing his former team and their players...

1683078800904.jpg~2.jpg

Winnipeg Jets 1 win

Florida Panthers 5 wins

:laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Florida handily outplayed the Leafs at 5-on-5 too. The Leafs talent is greater than Florida’s (in fact, seemed as if Florida was just hanging on for a while there) but they’re a formidable opponent IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised if this series goes the distance.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Florida handily outplayed the Leafs at 5-on-5 too. The Leafs talent is greater than Florida’s (in fact, seemed as if Florida was just hanging on for a while there) but they’re a formidable opponent IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised if this series goes the distance.

Leafs are better in all areas stats wise as a team, except GF's over the season. On paper Leafs should make short work of them but in reality Leafs likely screw it up and drag it out and potentially lose lol

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Leafs are better in all areas stats wise as a team, except GF's over the season. On paper Leafs should make short work of them but in reality Leafs likely screw it up and drag it out and potentially lose lol
FLA just took Boston to 7. I don't think this is the Leafs screwing anything up. They'll were an excellent team last year, and still a good one this season.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
FLA just took Boston to 7. I don't think this is the Leafs screwing anything up. They'll were an excellent team last year, and still a good one this season.

Yeh I'm not sold on the Panthers coached PMO team. Time will tell in this series

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Same thing was said after they got rolled in Game 1 against Tampa.
I thought their effort was very Jets-esque in that they likely were so happy to not be facing the Bruins that they thought they could just walk over the Panthers. A trap game, which for the Jets back half of the season was seemingly most games. I expect the Leafs will be much more ready for game 2. Will it be enough? If Florida lets them play a wide open game it likely will be, so it's on the Panthers to control the game.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Fair enough. they did have a 30 pt drop from last season's team point totals. They were hot to finish the year and riding momentum now.

True

We all know the best team doesn't always win the cup and we all know peaking at the right moment is often key

Reactions: DRW204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad