Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I would imagine there is some next level “clenching” going on in Boston about now.

not sure of the numbers , but if FLorida knocks off Boston, that has to be one of the biggest upsets ever.
Hypothesis: FLA would have the horses to whip Tranna.

Query: Would FLA have the horses to whip Tranna?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I have learned to dislike Minnesota. Douchebag Hartman who has always been a cheap piece of shit, Fellasio who is the hyper hypo, Creed on the bench with the weird Fake tough guy glares. They play cheep hockey and think they are the victims . To top it off they pick up Reeves to goon it up when they already had team toughness.

Hope they join us on the sidelines soon.
Creed is certifiable. His mannerisms are a bit off the rails in my humble opinion.

With his patented vapid stare, Hartman makes my kitten look like an expert in differential calculus.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Seems like we aren't the only team that caves in elimination games. The Stars are drumming the Wild.
It's amazing how both 2000 expansion teams have never really done anything in the playoffs (aside from Minnesota improbable run in 2003). 23 years in existance, and one Conference Final appearance between the two teams to show for it. Most be frustrating for such a hockey rich state to watch their team constantly bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

Then again, they also have the VIkings, so they are accustomed to heartbreak.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Stars are looking very good in the playoffs so far (cue the jinx post)

Ullmark certainly isn't playing like a Vexina Trophy goalie this series. I wonder if he will come through for Boston in Game 7.

Yea the series is pretty wild. Ullmark has not been sharp and the Bruins have not been playing their usual structured controlled game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's amazing how both 2000 expansion teams have never really done anything in the playoffs (aside from Minnesota improbable run in 2003). 23 years in existance, and one Conference Final appearance between the two teams to show for it. Most be frustrating for such a hockey rich state to watch their team constantly bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

Then again, they also have the VIkings, so they are accustomed to heartbreak.

We've had a better 12 year run then them and a better run then a lot of teams during that stretch. I get that things aren't great now and we need change but sometimes I think the media go a bit overboard on the State of things. Calgary is a mess with a player vs coach War and a GM who walked out. Buffalo has the longest playoff drought in league history, Arizona is a joke etcc...

I get the criticism but the media isn't very quick to offer realisltic solutions.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We've had a better 12 year run then them and a better run then a lot of teams during that stretch. I get that things aren't great now and we need change but sometimes I think the media go a bit overboard on the State of things. Calgary is a mess with a player vs coach War and a GM who walked out. Buffalo has the longest playoff drought in league history, Arizona is a joke etcc...

I get the criticism but the media isn't very quick to offer realisltic solutions.

Media and solutions go together like Ice Cream and Onions.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

I've noticed a big difference in the two Alberta teams. Edmonton seems to be far more patient with coaches, management, and players. Unsure if this has to do with the lean years of 2007-16, but the mood here, is far more patient.

Calgary, OTOH, is far more fickle, and so are their fans. Yet, they never seem to go anywhere, only having two playoff series wins since 2004.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've noticed a big difference in the two Alberta teams. Edmonton seems to be far more patient with coaches, management, and players. Unsure if this has to do with the lean years of 2007-16, but the mood here, is far more patient.

Calgary, OTOH, is far more fickle, and so are their fans. Yet, they never seem to go anywhere, only having two playoff series wins since 2004.

I mean that patience is only since Holland. Prior to that it was a revolving door of coaches and management.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't count the Lightning out just yet. Toronto is infamous for choking in the playoffs.

Yea I am not counting Tampa out although I thought they looked like they were on the ropes until game 5.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Edmonton was more patient with coaches??

The difference between the Alberta teams is that one has had a ton of top draft picks and finally hit on one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad