Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Toronto
“Insert joke here” ………:laugh:

1678059938748.jpeg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I automatically, reflexively hate the Wild, in any of their current or historical versions. Always have, don't know why.

Good or bad, superstars or journeymen, I hate the Wild.

Good enough to be spoilers, never quite good enough to win it all.

For me, the ultimate eminently hatable, forgettable team.

But yeah, don't want another series against them. Jets killers extraordinaire.
I'm kind of the opposite. I've always liked and respected Minnesota as hockey state, and from the old days before TV games were regularly broadcast, it was easy to pick Minnesota games on the radio. The 91 North Stars team was quite the story, almost the worst team to ever win the Cup. I like that they brought back the old North Stars jerseys this year. Those are nice threads.

I like Dean Evason as a coach, and they got some Manitoba boys on their team, so if I had a 2nd choice in these playoffs it would be them. But yeah I would only like to play them if they kindly knock out the Avs, while we battle against Dallas to get to the next round.

I would have liked to take a chance on Klingberg. Power play #2 would have a real quarterback. He’s better than Pionk.
I still have hopes for Ville, if the Jets ever go with 7 d again. Klingberg's NTC I am sure had Winnipeg on it.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Houston and Quebec would increase revenue and really isn't that what it's all about.
I think Quebec's biggest problem is getting the votes, into an exclusive club. The potential owner's politics, with the PQ party, is maybe something the NHL BoG isn't all that comfortable with. I don't think the viability of the market is in question. The other thing for me is the media concentration around the franchise, with Bell holding shares in Montreal and Toronto, and having the TV contract for Ottawa. I think they will be a hard one to bargain with because telecommunications is almost a dual monopoly now in Canada. TVA/Quebecor is a direct rival for Bell and I don't see them helping them in any way.

Houston and Atlanta are both big corporate cities, and for a brand the NHL would probably like to tap into those markets for their potential, in sponsorship.

I hope Atlanta gets another team, because there has been steady growth in hockey in Georgia, and if Jets fans can say our team was sabotaged in 1996, I think Atlanta fans would probably feel the same way, and they had the arena, just not the owners.

I'd love to see the Nordiques come back. When I was last in QC I remember that the younger generation I talked to had no real connection to the team since they have no memory of them, but anyone in their 40s and 50s when you talked to them, there was an excitement.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Won’t be surprised if Dallas vs Calgary tonight is a 3 pt game just because it’s an outcome we don’t want.

Thinking Nashville beats Vancouver too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad