Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Things are getting wild. Nashville by no means out of it, they win their games in hand and they tie the Jets. Wild and Stars heating up.

Wanted Calgary to win last night but their loss probably knocks them out of the playoff race. At least it was a regulation result.

I felt like the first Oiler game was a turning point for the Jets. Last night's win wasn't pretty but there's a ton of positives to take from it.

Niederraiter and Namestnikov came in and played the game and system better than the established Jets last night. I think the players picked up on it.

Our bottom 6 are starting to find the net.

Scheifele had a really good game. Connor wasn't excellent but he did generate a good bit - looks a bit snakbit again.

If Hellebuyck played the way he was capable in the 2 game set I think we win both of those games rather easily. Draisaitl had 2 goals that should never be scored on an nhl goalie. Great shots but still.

I hope Dubies injury isn't one that lingers the rest of the season. Having him and Perfetti back will be huge. We just need Ehlers to start contributing. I thought he was better last night. He's going to have to find a way to be effective even though he's clearly lost his high gear and elite acceleration and agility

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Watching the Wild is like watching paint dry. Good to see that trap hockey is alive and well.
The Wild certainly do remind me of those Jacques Lemaire teams, with one superstar, and a supporting cast. I'd say the one thing that I noticed about the Wild last game is they changed their style from having a couple of grinding checking lines, to more speed, and balance throughout 3 lines. And their defense is going to be an identity for them in the playoffs once Brodin comes back, and they have the good skating RD with Spurgeon, who is underrated, Klingberg, and Dumba. Might be the best RD, 1-3, in the whole conference.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
The Wild certainly do remind me of those Jacques Lemaire teams, with one superstar, and a supporting cast. I'd say the one thing that I noticed about the Wild last game is they changed their style from having a couple of grinding checking lines, to more speed, and balance throughout 3 lines. And their defense is going to be an identity for them in the playoffs once Brodin comes back, and they have the good skating RD with Spurgeon, who is underrated, Klingberg, and Dumba. Might be the best RD, 1-3, in the whole conference.

I automatically, reflexively hate the Wild, in any of their current or historical versions. Always have, don't know why.

Good or bad, superstars or journeymen, I hate the Wild.

Good enough to be spoilers, never quite good enough to win it all.

For me, the ultimate eminently hatable, forgettable team.

But yeah, don't want another series against them. Jets killers extraordinaire.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I would have liked to take a chance on Klingberg. Power play #2 would have a real quarterback. He’s better than Pionk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad