Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
No games today?

Perhaps appropriate, It is 24 Celsius (sunny but hazy/smoky) in Vancouver today. No rain for 3 months.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
You would think they'd wanna schedule some games on the first Sunday of the regular season so people could really get into the season... But I suppose the infinite wisdom of NHL scheduling is beyond the understanding of us mere mortals.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Playing Johnny Hooky this year, is he? Did someone get a Johnny Hickey cause he sucks? CBJ fans be needing a Johnny Hookah this year? :laugh:

They have scored just 5 goals in those 3 games.
Johannes Eishockey has 1 of them. So does Laine, in the 1 period he played. :laugh:

JG was in a contract year last year and had - by far - the best season of his career. Had not cracked ppg the 2 preceding years. They may come to resent the favour he did for them when he signed there.

Edit: Hope Laine is not going to turn out to be fragile.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Just realized that former Jet Nathan Smith is starting the season on the Coyotes AHL team. Yikes, not encouraging that he couldn't make this Yotes team.
After it became clear that last season was a write off, one of the things I was hoping to see was Nathan smith gets some games in, turns out he told the Jets he doesn’t plan on signing here so they traded him.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The Arizona D is the biggest group of no names I've ever seen.

967bd1fa-8abc-4e9f-b037-669f1a420429_text.gif

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Coyotes up 2-0 on the Leafs is awesome
4-2 coyotes over leafs. I am sure defense wasn’t the issue.

Coyotes may catch people offfguard in that “arena” they play in .

Edit: the game was in Toronto.

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I actually don't hate the Leafs the way most people do. But I do hate the current iteration of the Leafs built by Dubas -- gutless fancy analytics darlings. I'm happy to see them crash and burn because I just hate that style of hockey and glad to see it doesn't work like I thought it wouldn't. You actually do need those much-maligned "intangibles".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad