Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t see those kinds of guys as particularly rare.

Pinto beat Casey’s career high in goals as a rookie.

Not sure why you are insulted - I think he’s more likely to play on that third line than the first line for most teams in the league.

Thats what they ended up with after fleecing Dorion and getting the 4th overall pick.
Mittlestadt is a play maker. Not a goal scorer. He creates offense through vision and skill. Referencing goals as his standard doesn't speak to the type of player he is. He's very skilled but isn't particularly fast or strong. Pinto is kinda the opposite he's a shooting center who's good both ways. I'd prefer Pinto personally but I'd take mittledtadt on my team too. Very different skillsets. I'd rather have mittlestadt than Norris for sure especially at those salaries.

Goals aren't everything though, Mittelstadt might not score as much as Pinto's one career high season but he's better than Pinto in every other category. Dude's a solid second line centre that can playmake and is good in his own end. These types of guys aren't rare, but they aren't the most common.
I mean definitely not. He's not close to the defenisve player nor is he as heavy or fast. He definitely has more skill and offensive creativity

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think Utah will have a good season, its unfortunate they're in a tough division unless 5 teams from the Central makes playoffs I don't see them making it this year but there's a team on the rise no doubt.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What the f*** is Bennett doing there jumping onto Korpi? That's just straight up intent to injure...which uh, why would you want to do that when leading 6-2?
Don't care what the score is, why would an opposing team ever want to get Korpisalo out of the game?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Raymond signed for $8million aav at 8 year, thought he'd get around $9 million. Wings only have $8.7 million in capspace to sign Seider. I figured he'd take $8.5 million at 8 years, but if he wants $9 million, some of Yzerman's insulation signings will backfire.

Chiarot, Holl, Maata, Kane, Tarasenko, Copp, Compher and Fischer, these are all guys that help keep them competitive but there's a couple that don't need to be there because the Wings have prospects that need a chance to play in the big league.

Yzerman might have to pay to move Holl or Maata to make room to sign Seider, which is fine, but they aren't the most asset heavy.
Didn’t Maata have a deec year last year? I forget

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Yet they are a thorn in our side
Not this year! 😀 I believe the message from Green and mgmt all camp has been about winning every moment of every day. Green recently gave the guys Monday off but told them (per his interview) that they still needed to win the day - do something that's going to make you better. I like this mindset, and hope that it translates into burying bottom teams - those 2 points cannot be assumed.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
The 1st three games are against Florida, Canadiens & Kings. Given that this team was good except for the problem in nets which has been addressed, then we should have 4 points after these three games - correct?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The 1st three games are against Florida, Canadiens & Kings. Given that this team was good except for the problem in nets which has been addressed, then we should have 4 points after these three games - correct?
That’s the Cup winner, a Western playoff team and the Habs.

2 points should be expected, anything else should be considered a good outcome.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not really since they're free from 75% of the contract. A chance to reset with nothing is still better than having Korpse and his contract in house.
We have Ullmark for one season only at this time. Hopefully he signs another contract with us.

I agree that getting rid of Korpisalo is definitely a good thing, even as we have to pay 25% of his remaining contract. But we also had to pay a 1st round pick to dump him to get Ullmark for one season.

If we don't sign Ullmark we are not making progress.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not this year! 😀 I believe the message from Green and mgmt all camp has been about winning every moment of every day. Green recently gave the guys Monday off but told them (per his interview) that they still needed to win the day - do something that's going to make you better. I like this mindset, and hope that it translates into burying bottom teams - those 2 points cannot be assumed.
I don't think the goals were any different than under DJ and Dorion.

We hope our new leadership, Staios and Green, know how to get it done and hold people accountable if they are not making a positive contribution towards those goals.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We have Ullmark for one season only at this time. Hopefully he signs another contract with us.

I agree that getting rid of Korpisalo is definitely a good thing, even as we have to pay 25% of his remaining contract. But we also had to pay a 1st round pick to dump him to get Ullmark for one season.

If we don't sign Ullmark we are not making progress.
You should read the news more.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
What a complete A-hole.. With a list of bad decisions that extend from the time he was made GM to the time he was let go... Accelerating the rebuild is what he choses to try to defend himself with. No mention of the back to back to back wasted 1st round picks plus the one they have to forfeit.

That's actually insulting.

Man this guy sucks.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
What a complete A-hole.. With a list of bad decisions that extend from the time he was made GM to the time he was let go... Accelerating the rebuild is what he choses to try to defend himself with. No mention of the back to back to back wasted 1st round picks plus the one they have to forfeit.

We didn't have money to spend? He pissed away what money he did have! I hope he keeps talking. The more he talks the more it gurantees he never gets a job in hockey.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad