Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t see those kinds of guys as particularly rare.

Pinto beat Casey’s career high in goals as a rookie.

Not sure why you are insulted - I think he’s more likely to play on that third line than the first line for most teams in the league.

Thats what they ended up with after fleecing Dorion and getting the 4th overall pick.
Mittlestadt is a play maker. Not a goal scorer. He creates offense through vision and skill. Referencing goals as his standard doesn't speak to the type of player he is. He's very skilled but isn't particularly fast or strong. Pinto is kinda the opposite he's a shooting center who's good both ways. I'd prefer Pinto personally but I'd take mittledtadt on my team too. Very different skillsets. I'd rather have mittlestadt than Norris for sure especially at those salaries.

Goals aren't everything though, Mittelstadt might not score as much as Pinto's one career high season but he's better than Pinto in every other category. Dude's a solid second line centre that can playmake and is good in his own end. These types of guys aren't rare, but they aren't the most common.
I mean definitely not. He's not close to the defenisve player nor is he as heavy or fast. He definitely has more skill and offensive creativity

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think Utah will have a good season, its unfortunate they're in a tough division unless 5 teams from the Central makes playoffs I don't see them making it this year but there's a team on the rise no doubt.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What the f*** is Bennett doing there jumping onto Korpi? That's just straight up intent to injure...which uh, why would you want to do that when leading 6-2?
Don't care what the score is, why would an opposing team ever want to get Korpisalo out of the game?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Raymond signed for $8million aav at 8 year, thought he'd get around $9 million. Wings only have $8.7 million in capspace to sign Seider. I figured he'd take $8.5 million at 8 years, but if he wants $9 million, some of Yzerman's insulation signings will backfire.

Chiarot, Holl, Maata, Kane, Tarasenko, Copp, Compher and Fischer, these are all guys that help keep them competitive but there's a couple that don't need to be there because the Wings have prospects that need a chance to play in the big league.

Yzerman might have to pay to move Holl or Maata to make room to sign Seider, which is fine, but they aren't the most asset heavy.
Didn’t Maata have a deec year last year? I forget

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Yet they are a thorn in our side
Not this year! 😀 I believe the message from Green and mgmt all camp has been about winning every moment of every day. Green recently gave the guys Monday off but told them (per his interview) that they still needed to win the day - do something that's going to make you better. I like this mindset, and hope that it translates into burying bottom teams - those 2 points cannot be assumed.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bribery with a goal and 20 minutes of ice, Halloway with an assist - Blues such a great franchise. What a steal for them.

Reactions: BigRig4

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
The 1st three games are against Florida, Canadiens & Kings. Given that this team was good except for the problem in nets which has been addressed, then we should have 4 points after these three games - correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad