Pre-Game Talk: Lets Light This Candle. Edmonton v Winnipeg, Wednesday 8 PM.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The fact your comparing Nick Robertson to a Oiler drafted and developed pick, who played superb in the playoffs, was an absolute horse on the forecheck and gained valuable playoff experience. Also gelling with the guys in the room. He was lowballed by this organization, yet we resign a 40 year old skeleton, then go try to replace Holloway with an enigmatic outcasted Russian from Vancouver of all places, who nearly makes what Holloway was asking for initially is quite funny.

Some Oiler fans just keep running in circles without realizing they are in one.

Let's forget Broberg for a bit, because that's just a shitxx contract. No one matches that,

on Holloway,

All we're saying is if management does stupid shxxx. Call them out on it. Why keep pretending these are solid moves ? It's just shitty asset management. If your going to double down on this, expect people to disagree with you on a hockey forum.
This might shock you.

But when teams negotiate with players agents, they use comparable of other players in similar situations.

That fact that you don’t understand that, says more about your level of hockey knowledge than anything.

Reactions: TB12

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm pretty pumped for the start of the season. I assume these guys are too. Hockey for reals, a few months before the real real hockey.
I don't know personally. I think the late season and then the Esks becoming relevant again make me less excited than last year.

I guess watching WNBA maybe broke up that summer void of sports too.

Maybe once we do our hockey pool on Monday I'll get that excitement

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Today is the day boys!

Have to get my dad with something tonight. Lifting some shit into a storage unit. Will be around for the second and third period though

nobody cares. I GET IT, HUMOR ME FOR f*** SACHES!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Today is the day boys!

Have to get my dad with something tonight. Lifting some shit into a storage unit. Will be around for the second and third period though

nobody cares. I GET IT, HUMOR ME FOR f*** SACHES!
I mean yesterday or tomorrow would've be a smarter option:sarcasm:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The regular season doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. With that said, the team can't fall behind again and play catch up. But like always their worth will be revealed in the spring. The only way this season will be a success is if it ends with a Stanley Cup.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I know it won't happen, but I'll politely ask anyhow, but any chance we can keep the constant Broberg/Holloway talk to that specific thread, or the OOT thread, gonna be a long year if we have to read the offer sheet regurgitation in every GDT.
Especially since no one is changing their minds on how they feel. At this point everyone is set in their way.

I know now that they aren’t oilers i dont give a shit about them and i dont need to see updates every day or see the same people say the same things everyday

...and we lost two YOUNG players to offer sheet cause we could not match it and keep a 20 man roster

yeah no problem at all 40 mill tied up in 3 players?
Broberg and Holloway are not worth 6mil combined.

McD and Drai will always be worth whatever they cost. Nurse is Nurse, can’t do anything about it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Crazy that we turned those 4 1sts into a 2nd and 2 3rds and a recent 5th rounder.
Is it really though?

Nice to see Broberg pick up a goal, but we won't really find out how these transactions effect the Oilers until much later. They could quell a lot of doubts with a decisive victory tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is it really though?

Nice to see Broberg pick up a goal, but we won't really find out how these transactions effect the Oilers until much later. They could quell a lot of doubts with a decisive victory tonight.
I’m not even taking an our losing the players themselves. Just the drafting bad and circumstance turning 4 high picks into almost nothing bites.

Reactions: joestevens29

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Daily reminder for the chicken littles to touch grass
Holy shit you ain't kidding as I read through this abortion of a thread.

I wonder what some of these people are like in real life. Maybe they had fun once but it must have been horrible for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad