Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Love me some drai but holy shit that is a hell of a lot of money for one player.

So as of right now, Drai and McDavid are set to make up ~30% of the Oilers Cap in the 25-26 season. f***.

Reactions: Icelevel

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
That Nurse contract is a killer once McDavid and Draisaitl’s extensions hit. Feel like you can pay them that much but you have little margin for error after.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Definitely a cap is rising contract. Next year is hopefully their year before this all restricts them too much with McDavid and Boucher coming up as well.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Love me some drai but holy shit that is a hell of a lot of money for one player.

So as of right now, Drai and McDavid are set to make up ~30% of the Oilers Cap in the 25-26 season. f***.

Bouchard is due for 25-26 as well adding Bouchard they could be 48% or more on 4 players on a 92m Cap in 25-26.
-and then McDavid in 26-27 and a decision to make on Ekholm

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

Bouchard is due for 25-26 as well adding Bouchard they could be 48% or more on 4 players on a 92m Cap in 25-26.
Oilers fan when they learn to do math:

dangerfield.gif

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It's not McDavid+Draisaitl at 30M that hurts a team, it's having the secondary or tertiary players that hurt them. Oilers will get in excess of 30M of on ice value for both those players, like clockwork.

The worst part about the Bouchard contract is that he has to give 45 percent to McDavid.

So it is going to make it a lot more difficult to negotiate.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mean this is also Leon’s second contract. If Stützle is leading us to the Stanley cup finals after scoring more than 100 points multiple times he’ll definitely get a contract in that range. Stützle has 7 seasons to prove he deserves elite player money.
I was kidding but sure

Reactions: Dan Patrick

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Always nice to hear from Boro. He should have been a vet here helping with leadership and truculence with the young Sens back when Dorion let him (and Demelo) walk in favor of lesser vets that helped the young group very little. Dorion failed at his big dream rebuild opportunity. Anyone can sell players and get high picks but to graduate so many young players and provide them with so little quality veteran leadership to show them the way not just tell them is just dumb. They needed that early in this process.

Very good read. Could've kept Boro and we wouldn't have had to waste assets on acquiring Gudbranson.

McDavid is probably going to get $16 million, but McDrai aren't a concern. If they keep up their current production, or even a modest steady stream of 100point seasons, they'll be providing full value.

Its Bouchard's deal that will kill them. He's going to get Dahlin's cap hit on an 8 year deal and there's nothing the Oil can do about it unless they find a way to get rid of Nurse.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I don't like markers that are specific goal or point totals, because the league changes so much.

It's still a massive accomplishment, but I think when you're comparing players like that, you need to always consider the era, scoring rankings, and not just go with pure goal totals that are out of context.

With that said, since 15-16 he is 4th in points per game across the entire league. So just in terms of production, he's in very elite company historically, I just don't think it's quite as elite as being only 12 players deep as that stat would suggest. In terms of forwards, McDavid is 1A of the last decade, then there is maybe 5 other guys just below him who are close to interchangeable.

Reactions: ijif

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad