Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think it comes off that way a bit otherwise it seems irrelevant to include, but I honestly didnt really care until I got the same old bullshit from you know who.
It doesn’t ‘come off that way’ don’t put that on me, you just took it there.

No one in here has defended Eugene’s actions as far as I can tell, I know I most certainly haven’t, so it isn’t a me thing.

It’s ok to not like how Eugene behaved, and at the same time be thankful that he didn’t stoop lower to be accused multiple times of paying for underaged sex.

If another poster pushed you off the ledge, that’s fine, but it has nothing to do with me and my post now does it?

Anyways, cheers dude.

I get what you mean but you are basically saying you miss being lied to.
Yeah I mean Sheldon and Theo have some terrible stories, Eagleson was a real POS, and there are countless more stories out there.

I mean let’s be real, so many of the biggest stories coming out of abuse are all from back in the day when people didn’t/couldn’t say anything.

But it was there, and a lot worse in terms of general treatment.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As far as I can tell from what I've read, the woman in question was 17 and the age of consent in new York is 17. If that is true, this is really just a case of Katz used a hooker.

The real ugly thing here is the mom helping her launder the money

Lot’s of 17 year old Ballerinas get $75 000 to research their film ideas. Just to bad for Daryl the film didn’t get made and his money went to waste.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I get what you mean but you are basically saying you miss being lied to.

It's just shitty to know there are so many garbage people out there. I know they've always been around, but it really feels like there's quite the concentration of them in almost anything the public enjoys. Whether it's sports or hollywood or the arts.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Odd that you completely ignored the original post that brought EM into the question and decided to attack this one

“LMAO” is now an attack?

I literally laughed out loud because @StrakaCorvoHoffman decided to put EM in the same vein as Katz. He said that there are thousands of undocumented “issues”, which he tried to imply that EM is at the same level as Katz. Not really a nice thing to do, but then again we have a whole lot of folks making claims about two players in this team without any statements.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Connor Brown was traded to acquire an asset to then flip for a D. The deal appears to have fallen through, but that was the reason for the urgency.

Doesn’t matter if one of and or both of Batherson or Formenton are part of the investigation.

Ok but we already had a 2nd round pick for 2023 and another for 2024... unless the other team wanted 3 seconds within the next 2 drafts?

The longer the quest for a RHD, expulsion of Zaitsev, and spector of WJC drag on, the more apparent it becomes that Dorion rushed Brown.

I think he was on tilt from a couple big wins and rushed both Norris and Brown. I suggested as much the day before Norris resigned.

Dorion either procrastinates like crazy (and it has consequences, like for Stone and Tkachuk) and then some other times, he rushes things out. There's never a lot of logic behind the way he proceeds. You'd think he finally figured it out, until it doesn't make sense again. Timing is everything, buy low/sell high.. He's in high management and has never heard of that? I just don't get it.

What ? He was dealt at the exact time teams have the most cap space.

No, that would be at the deadline.

Brown's salary for 2/3 of the season : 2.66

Don't sign Gambrell, save $950,000, graduate a guy like Greig/Lodin/Sokolov once you trade Brown. Are we really at more or less ~2 M$?

It's hard to envision this team ever being a serious contender.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ok but we already had a 2nd round pick for 2023 and another for 2024... unless the other team wanted 3 seconds within the next 2 drafts?

Dorion either procrastinates like crazy (and it has consequences, like for Stone and Tkachuk) and then some other times, he rushes things out. There's never a lot of logic behind the way he proceeds. You'd think he finally figured it out, until it doesn't make sense again. Timing is everything, buy low/sell high.. He's in high management and has never heard of that? I just don't get it.

No, that would be at the deadline.

Brown's salary for 2/3 of the season : 2.66

Don't sign Gambrell, save $950,000, graduate a guy like Greig/Lodin/Sokolov once you trade Brown. Are we really at more or less ~2 M$?

It's hard to envision this team ever being a serious contender.
Teams have zero space at the deadline which is why almost all deadline deals have retention. Are you purposely not accepting that there is a ceiling on our payroll this year. Start doing the math.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I miss the days when we thought hockey was full of good people. Seeing all this seedy stuff come to light is really disheartening.
Hey there was a time when we thought Hollywood, Politics , Music , Business etc were all full of good people. It's always been bad we just have more ways to uncover it now. No more looking the other way.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hey there was a time when we thought Hollywood, Politics , Music , Business etc were all full of good people. It's always been bad we just have more ways to uncover it now. No more looking the other way.
I think you can expand that to broad society. Being in those fields just provides more opportunities.

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Teams have zero space at the deadline which is why almost all deadline deals have retention. Are you purposely not accepting that there is a ceiling on our payroll this year. Start doing the math.
Limitations on our payroll are perfectly valid as an argument. I think the issue becomes a preference of where some of that cash goes. I get Dorion wanting more goaltending depth, but the concern becomes the cash spent on goaltending could have been spent on another need (which in turn ends up involving retaining on Brown in case he's moved for another need). Its why my only complaint with some of PD's moves are not getting enough assets in acquiring Talbot or moving Brown

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It doesn’t ‘come off that way’ don’t put that on me, you just took it there.

No one in here has defended Eugene’s actions as far as I can tell, I know I most certainly haven’t, so it isn’t a me thing.

It’s ok to not like how Eugene behaved, and at the same time be thankful that he didn’t stoop lower to be accused multiple times of paying for underaged sex.

If another poster pushed you off the ledge, that’s fine, but it has nothing to do with me and my post now does it?

Anyways, cheers dude.
“LMAO” is now an attack?

I literally laughed out loud because @StrakaCorvoHoffman decided to put EM in the same vein as Katz. He said that there are thousands of undocumented “issues”, which he tried to imply that EM is at the same level as Katz. Not really a nice thing to do, but then again we have a whole lot of folks making claims about two players in this team without any statements.
Ice-Tray posted the comparison in the first place, out of the blue, surely to draw a reply or two given the post directly comparing the two owners and their transgressions. If that wasn't their intention, that's okay, but why comment out of nowhere directly comparing the evil deeds then? First I just agreed that men are evil and carried on. Then another poster pointed out the issue with comparing the evil deeds of two bad men as if one exonerates the other, and I simply agreed and pointed out that we also don't know the true scope of Melnyk's and can't really know how bad or not he was, which is accurate. Same could be said about Katz. Not once did I say that Melnyk's and Katz' transgressions were equal, but directly comparing them as in the original post, which never came from me, is a typical way of propping up another to make the other look better. Again, maybe that wasn't their intention, but the post below that started this sure looks to me like a very obvious comparison of both the men and their evil deeds and I don't know why I'm being painted as if I made this a big thing out of nowhere.

So Katz in the news again for allegedly paying for underaged sex.

Certainly makes Eugene’s media blunders seem quaint in comparison.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Hard to think that this forum will talk about losing Brown for a 2nd more than losing Z-bad. I can't really fault management for something out of their control. Now if Ottawa had selected them in the draft with the foreknowledge that they may be sexual predators than I blame them 100%. I knew the Sens summer was going to well.
They were already drafted by the time of that WJHC.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

1) OTTAWA SENATORS
PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $70,859,881
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $0
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $11,640,119
CURRENT CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $11,640,119
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $54,126,553
TODAYS CAP HIT
Tooltip
: $70,859,881
ROSTER SIZE: 17/23
CONTRACTS: 41/50

2) Eugene Melnyk Pledges to spend near salary cap: FYOUS Edition

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ice-Tray posted the comparison in the first place, out of the blue, surely to draw a reply or two given the post directly comparing the two owners and their transgressions. If that wasn't their intention, that's okay, but why comment out of nowhere directly comparing the evil deeds then? First I just agreed that men are evil and carried on. Then another poster pointed out the issue with comparing the evil deeds of two bad men as if one exonerates the other, and I simply agreed and pointed out that we also don't know the true scope of Melnyk's and can't really know how bad or not he was, which is accurate. Same could be said about Katz. Not once did I say that Melnyk's and Katz' transgressions were equal, but directly comparing them as in the original post, which never came from me, is a typical way of propping up another to make the other look better. Again, maybe that wasn't their intention, but the post below that started this sure looks to me like a very obvious comparison of both the men and their evil deeds and I don't know why I'm being painted as if I made this a big thing out of nowhere.

Sorry. That is now I read it.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Classic. You post some dumb divisive shit where it wasn’t called for, and then backtrack trying to make it seem reasonable.

Yeah no dude, I posted to share what I had just read about Katz and the comparison was not about diminishing Eugene, but rather to comment on the nuclear severity of the allegations against Katz.

As I said, no one is defending Eugene, and really no one has. Just some of you can’t seem to stand that others don’t hate people and vilify them to the degree that you require to share space.

To me this is just another example of the same bullshit where haters have to make everyone who isn’t vocal and hateful enough a ‘defender’ and ‘supporter’ so that they know where to throw their barbs and jabs as you just did.

The man is dead, it’s not my fault that you can’t reach him with your personal frustrations, that’s completely a ‘you’ issue. As for me, I have never defended the man, especially in regards to Athletic article.

It was a dick move that I called you on, that’s all really. Happens all the time in here.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Local media in Edmonton saying they heard and knew about the rumours of Katz and when they asked to investigate further their newspaper and radio stations would not let them even touch it.

Shows you how these guys get away with the things they do, they buy influence with an NHL team and the local plebes fall in line.

Local Media has a roll to play in this, they just won’t even if it is brought to their attention and there are settled legal cases versus Katz - they just go blind and talk about how crap Poo-party is

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Classic. You post some dumb divisive shit where it wasn’t called for, and then backtrack trying to make it seem reasonable.

Yeah no dude, I posted to share what I had just read about Katz and the comparison was not about diminishing Eugene, but rather to comment on the nuclear severity of the allegations against Katz.

As I said, no one is defending Eugene, and really no one has. Just some of you can’t seem to stand that others don’t hate people and vilify them to the degree that you require to share space.

To me this is just another example of the same bullshit where haters have to make everyone who isn’t vocal and hateful enough a ‘defender’ and ‘supporter’ so that they know where to throw their barbs and jabs as you just did.

The man is dead, it’s not my fault that you can’t reach him with your personal frustrations, that’s completely a ‘you’ issue. As for me, I have never defended the man, especially in regards to Athletic article.

It was a dick move that I called you on, that’s all really. Happens all the time in here.
Oh phooey, I posted your exact post where you directly compared the two men and their issues. If that wasn't your intention that's fine, I can accept that, but you said what you said and there's some pretty clear wording there. When I then got laughed at as if I started something by someone that has defended this story in the past to which we have had lengthy disagreements over, I pointed out your post as the jump off point and how it looked and was maybe a bit too strong with the specific wording, but I don't back down from the general sentiment. I'm not getting in a pissing match over it and anyone reading can decide for themselves. I haven't commented on Melnyk in quite a while now and have been nothing but supportive of this team in basically every post for weeks if not months, so please talk about "haters" to the applicable people whoever it is you're referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad