Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Nope, hate him and the state of Texas too lol. I was very begrudgingly kinda rooting for NY in the conference finals.
New York was the only option, IMO. I was really disappointed to see them out, partially because my closest friend here on HF is a Rangers mod.

Looking at you, @Leonardo87. Your Rangers losing gave us no good options to root for. Thanks a lot.:sarcasm:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 you've clearly failed. Oddbob here has the correct idea.

IMG_4092.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Oddbob and SoupNazi

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Nope, hate him and the state of Texas too lol. I was very begrudgingly kinda rooting for NY in the conference finals.
What don't we like about the Strangers? They have some annoying/dirty players but not nearly at the Florida/Boston level. I've just always considered their players to be medium annoying. It's really their owner that I want to not have another financial asset/playoff revenue.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
What don't we like about the Strangers? They have some annoying/dirty players but not nearly at the Florida/Boston level. I've just always considered their players to be medium annoying. It's really their owner that I want to not have another financial asset/playoff revenue.
Yeah they are less annoying, which is why I was pulling for them, but I still don’t like them :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ken Holland getting another Cup to his name would create some interesting discussions here. So that's something.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Rooting for Perry to do his rat things to Tkachuk and then they take each other out. Kane fresh out of stacks of dollar bills leaves as well.
If memory serves, this is his fourth consecutive final? Has anyone ever appeared in four consecutive Stanley cup finals with different teams before?

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
If memory serves, this is his fourth consecutive final? Has anyone ever appeared in four consecutive Stanley cup finals with different teams before?
I think it is fourth out of five years, he was still with Tampa last year

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Hopefully this is the start of what becomes a very active draft day for trades.

This may also be indicative of the strength of the draft. 2024 could very well be another 2012 or 2018 draft. Which team would be willing to move a goalie? NYI? Boston? And that would be a vast overpay in an average draft year for one of their goalies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I'm hoping Florida wins because I believe it increases the chances of McDavid going to UFA when his deal is up. I think to some degree because he was drafted by Edmonton it hurt the league from a popularity standpoint. But given that Tkachuk and Perry will be in the same building I won't be against cheering for a meteor.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Reactions: HisNoodliness

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This may also be indicative of the strength of the draft. 2024 could very well be another 2012 or 2018 draft. Which team would be willing to move a goalie? NYI? Boston? And that would be a vast overpay in an average draft year for one of their goalies.

What I've studied those draft classes, 2024 is the weakest one between 2023 and 2025.

2023 could be one of the strongest lately.

So I would not mind at all, if Yzerman pulls a DeBrincat-styled of hockey trade and will send that #15 overall away.

This 2024 #15 overall could be valued as #30 overall level of player from 2023 class, or worse.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

If those are the options, I kinda like Outlaws. Blizzard, Mammoth, and Yeti all feel very "AHL mascot"-ish.

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

If those are the options, I kinda like Outlaws. Blizzard, Mammoth, and Yeti all feel very "AHL mascot"-ish.
I feel the uniforms will be ass regardless of the name.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

'
As the league over expands it's kinda fitting that the names feel a bit bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad