Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Trocheck is still the much better player.
He's a marginally better player on a significantly better team playing with exponentially better linemates.

Trocheck on the Wings would be every bit the whipping boy as Copp.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's a marginally better player on a significantly better team playing with exponentially better linemates.

Trocheck on the Wings would be every bit the whipping boy as Copp.

Trocheck has far more offence than anything Copp has ever done. It isn't all just on teammates all the time, as he did well away from Panarin. He also plays with edge, something Copp knows anything about.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not gonna lose any sleep over missing out on some other placeholder, and I like Trochek.

Me neither, but pretending they are the same tier player also doesn't make sense. Copp achieved 50 pts exactly once in his career, while Trocheck has done it 6 times and would have a 7th if not for Covid in 20-21. Pretty sure only 2 of those he played with Panarin.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
And if it's just a question of teammates, why couldn't Copp slide into Larkin's spot when Larkin got hurt? Answer, because he sucks.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Trocheck is playong so well for NYR, the Wings would look so different if he would have signed here instead of Copp.

Oh we're still doing this?

In one of the other pointless discussions about this I posted a quote from Trochek where he states that New York was one of his top choices. They gave him 7 years on a team poised to make a Cup run.

I'm betting Yzerman wasn't willing to go 7 years and the Wings weren't exactly the Rangers so it's a tougher sell.

I guess if people want to they can keep pretending it wouldn't have been hard to get him here and Yzerman chose Copp over Trochek because he thought Copp was a superior player. I just don't see what the point is.

Here's the quote:

"This was one of just a few teams that we really looked at and thought it was a good fit," Trocheck said. "So coming in, we knew that New York was probably our No. 1 choice."

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Oh we're still doing this?

In one of the other pointless discussions about this I posted a quote from Trochek where he states that New York was one of his top choices. They gave him 7 years on a team poised to make a Cup run.

I'm betting Yzerman wasn't willing to go 7 years and the Wings weren't exactly the Rangers so it's a tougher sell.

I guess if people want to they can keep pretending it wouldn't have been hard to get him here and Yzerman chose Copp over Trochek because he thought Copp was a superior player. I just don't see what the point is.

Here's the quote:

I didn't say that, I said if he would have signed here, meaning if it was a possibility.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Yeah, I think the Rangers are in the same spot now had they retained Copp and Trocheck would currently be golfing with Larkin talking about next year if he signed with Day-twah.
Lol, Trocheck is the Rangers leading scorer in the playoffs and #5 overall.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Lol, Trocheck is the Rangers leading scorer in the playoffs and #5 overall.
That's fantastic!:thumbu:. I'm sure he'd be doing the exact same thing at this very moment with Detroit. I'm going to walk away and leave you to your Trocheck alternate reality takes and watch you pounce like an ambush predator on anyone that disagrees.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupNazi

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I was thinking to myself maybe the Stars finally got it this year and then I remembered Benn and thought, "Oh right. Naw, F that team..."

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I wanna know if he has some sort of tacky "enemies list" that he keeps around or if it's just all stored in his head
I think yes to both. He has the list, and if he loses his pocket spiral notepad with the written info, his head is the back up source.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I wanna know if he has some sort of tacky "enemies list" that he keeps around or if it's just all stored in his head

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad