Around the League Thread | Where elbows aren’t penalties and what’s the capital of Thailand again?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Oiler fans are massively ASSHURT tonight. Many are refusing to accept their team is bad and it is all because the refs and Bettman are against them
Oh man, alot of us were like that in 2011 too. I know alot of their fans and posters are a pain in the ass, but every team that loses feels this way, and act as such.

It's super entertaining to read though, lol. Ultimately, no teams fans that lose feel like they shoulda lost, and have some alterior reasons that controlled their fate. It is what it is

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Oh man, alot of us were like that in 2011 too. I know alot of their fans and posters are a pain in the ass, but every team that loses feels this way, and act as such.

It's super entertaining to read though, lol. Ultimately, no teams fans that lose feel like they shoulda lost, and have some alterior reasons that controlled their fate. It is what it is
its funny because they mocked us in 2011 and now they are saying the same shit lol

rea

Feb 8, 2011
its funny because they mocked us in 2011 and now they are saying the same shit lol
1000026012.gif

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Sometimes, everyone just needs to take a breath, and let karma do the job for you lol. As I say, it makes the tears that much more delicious, and you acted in a respectful way lol win - win.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Typical Oiler fans. Like I’ve mentioned before I was a kid watching the Canucks and oilers at the old Northlands and had beer deliberately dumped on me because I was cheering for the Canucks. f*** the Oilers and their fans.

Barkov….have to wait and see. Given the time of the injury ache was going to be hard pressed to return anyways because of protocol timing. If he is out they damn well better suspend Draisatl.

Also...Oilers generated 1 high danger chance in all situations last night. Only 9 scoring chances. But it was the officiating. Puhlease...

Last edited:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Typical Oiler fans. Like I’ve mentioned before I was a kid watching the Canucks and oilers at the old Northlands and had beer deliberately dumped on me because I was cheering for the Canucks. f*** the Oilers and their fans.

Barkov….have to wait and see. Given the time of the injury ache was going to be hard pressed to return anyways because of protocol timing. If he is out they damn well better suspend Draisatl.
It should not play a role in the penalty IMO.

But DoPS will shit their pants and not dare do a thing.

I hope Florida has their next regular season game against the Oilers marked on their calendar.
Also...Oilers generated 1 high danger chance in all situations last night. Only 9 scoring chances. But it was the officiating. Puhlease...

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

I hope Florida has their next regular season game against the Oilers marked on their calendar.

injury shouldn't play a role in discipline....I 100% agree. It's part of the reason you can't get rid of some of this stuff. A player is more likely to bounce back than get injured. Intent/the play should be punished. But the league explicitly uses injury as a determination for punishment.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
injury shouldn't play a role in discipline....I 100% agree. It's part of the reason you can't get rid of some of this stuff. A player is more likely to bounce back than get injured. Intent/the play should be punished. But the league explicitly uses injury as a determination for punishment.
Yep.

Obvious intent & repeat offenders.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018

I’m slightly concerned it’s a broken jaw…

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

I kind of agree. Although there is good reason to take injury into account, in fact, both our criminal and civil justice systems do so (e.g., what’s the difference between assault and murder?).

I think taking the result into account is important, but that lack of the result shouldn’t be as definitive as it is.

If the NHL just pretended that every player that was hit was McDavid, they’d probably end up with a decent system.

Reactions: racerjoe

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
You get reporters and journalists from all fronts (even Pat Mcafee) bringing up Soucy on McDavid which pretty much forced the leagues hand.

Radio silence today. You know this will be swept under the rug based on everyone hushing up. I doubt Foegele even gets fined.

Can you imagine if someone like OEL did this to McDavid in Edmonton?

Reactions: HockeyWooot

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I kind of agree. Although there is good reason to take injury into account, in fact, both our criminal and civil justice systems do so (e.g., what’s the difference between assault and murder?).

I think taking the result into account is important, but that lack of the result shouldn’t be as definitive as it is.

If the NHL just pretended that every player that was hit was McDavid, they’d probably end up with a decent system.
Yes there are different crimes but in many jurisdictions the punishment for attempted murder is often very similar to a successful homicide for instance.

But this isn't the legal system. This is the internal rules of conduct/professionalism for a company. Waiting for a dirty player to seriously impact another employees career before throwing the book at them doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for a business. In a company you don't wait for the assault to happen on the shop floor before terminating an employee that has been threatening it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To me, you need the officials to do their job.
Can't be saying, that they need to keep flow in the game, if the players are committing fouls. Yes, let the ticky tack stuff go, but you can't let it get to the point of anarchy on the ice by "letting them play".

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Yes there are different crimes but in many jurisdictions the punishment for attempted murder is often very similar to a successful homicide for instance.

But this isn't the legal system. This is the internal rules of conduct/professionalism for a company. Waiting for a dirty player to seriously impact another employees career before throwing the book at them doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for a business. In a company you don't wait for the assault to happen on the shop floor before terminating an employee that has been threatening it.
I just don’t think it’s a good idea to totally divorce cause and effect though.

I think you shouldn’t focus on effect in determining if something is suspension worthy, but if it is, then I think they should take into account the effect. This is a good example. If Barkov ends up being OK and missing a game, then I think a 1 game suspension (tops two) is fair. But, if for example, it comes out he has a fractured jaw and will be out for the remainder of the playoffs, I’d be fine suspending Draisaitl for the rest of or playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad