Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Moser at $3.375M AAV for the next two years is going to make that Sergachev deal look even more like a ridiculous steal for Tbay.

Sergachev was good insurance offensively when Hedman was out, but wow, getting out of that contract while getting a better guy defensively who is also younger and cheaper was such a steal.

Now I imagine they will try shopping Cirelli and Cernak (only due to his injury issues).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
right, by contrast rutger and cutter are new money names aren’t they? where you get these weird basically borderline parody names that might as well be waspy mcwasperson?
Some people like to be different. Which is fine, as there are way way too many people still naming their daughters Emma, Olivia, etc. or like Aiden for boys names that have been top 3-5 for like 15 years now.

Last 2 "generational" NHLers are both named Connor despite an 8 year age difference.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I haven't paid attention to Cernak lately, is he damaged goods these days?

He can be a legit shutdown defenseman, similar to Hjalmarsson in his prime.

Issue is he perpetually gets banged up or plays through nagging injuries. There are questions whether or not he can last a full campaign (regular season + playoffs) due to his playing style. He hits hard and blocks a ton of shots.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Some people like to be different. Which is fine, as there are way way too many people still naming their daughters Emma, Olivia, etc. or like Aiden for boys names that have been top 3-5 for like 15 years now.

Last 2 "generational" NHLers are both named Connor despite an 8 year age difference.
May I suggest this rabbit hole for children's names: https://www.reddit.com/r/tragedeigh/

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Ughhh, cant even go on the main boards without oilers fans mentioned how they "schooled" us in the playoffs and how Hughes is a fraud.

Seriously, what is this f***ing hate boner they have against the canucks?
The thread wasnt even talking about anything relevant to our series.

• Haha
Reactions: quat

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Ughhh, cant even go on the main boards without oilers fans mentioned how they "schooled" us in the playoffs and how Hughes is a fraud.

They have a lot of issues. They are already crowning themselves the '25 Stanley Cup Champions after "winning" the offseason. Can't wait to see them all humbled, they are a very disturbed group of people

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

Meh I have a hate boner for them so it only seems fair, f*** em

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I went for a quick look & saw a Crosby vs McDiver/McWhiner poll (in reference to the question posed "Is McBaby a tier above Crosby"). Looked at the votes so far & left the forum section. Until he wins "the holy grail", he'll be the James Harden of the NHL.

Reactions: LordBacon

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

They lost tramautizingly in the finals with Canucks fans being the most active fanbase rubbing it in so this is all they got to save face lol. Serious generational sports trauma there, their own 2011.

This is the least affected by a Canucks exit I've been though, frauds that the Oilers are. The 2009-10 Blackhawks or 2012 kings they are not. Lol deep down Oilers know they're the biggest losers of them all and no one is envious what happened to them & wants to trade places.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordBacon

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
they are a very disturbed group of people

you guys need to read this thread

when they start talking about the weather in edmonton i’m like

1720856986234.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ameselare

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

I ran into a few Oilers fans when I was in Seattle for the Jays game. The middle aged woman I was talking too was aghast at the fact that I did not support the Oilers in the final.

Let me tell you, it was one of my pleasures of my trip. I told her, in the nicest way possible, that there was no way in hell I would ever support the Oilers. The Mariners fans on the train just started to laugh.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

It honestly all just stems from the drubbing they took at the start of the season.

They bounced back, had an impressive win streak, made the Finals, but some of their fans are still hung up on the Canucks.

I guess because we didn't ruin 500 1OA draft picks or something? I dunno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad