Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Seravalli's heel turn has been something else. My god. I actually liked the guy a year ago and now he's the most despicable trashbag reporter in the NHL.

He's got this condescending tone that his opinions are so obviously right, and when he's wrong he just skates by pretending he wasn't so adamant that he opinion was holy, most recently laughing at any idiot who questioned that Hronek was going to get any less than $8M. When the contract came out he was like, "Oh well, I would have been right if not for the the bad ending" except he was insisting on his $8M well after the end of the season.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
i really hope vancouver gets a new building soon. i've spent considerable time in all three of the newest buildings (vegas, seattle and detroit) and they are so much nicer than rogers

the issue is they can't significantly enlarge the current building and there's not really any appetite to move the team elsewhere in the metro area
I mean they are tearing down the viaducts no? Which btw will suck since I live literally beside the arena lol. But I think if they can find an arena to temp play in for a few yrs, timed w the teardown of the viaducts, they could take over quite an area if they extend to the parkades

rea

Feb 8, 2011
He's got this condescending tone that his opinions are so obviously right, and when he's wrong he just skates by pretending he wasn't so adamant that he opinion was holy, most recently laughing at any idiot who questioned that Hronek was going to get any less than $8M. When the contract came out he was like, "Oh well, I would have been right if not for the the bad ending" except he was insisting on his $8M well after the end of the season.

Yea, I don't listen to the guy at all, but this past playoffs watching him on podcasts, he's so condescending lol. I can't take him seriously with his attitude, the way he looks, and now knowing he's actually younger than me haha. Acts every bit like a person who was grown entitled

Reactions: MarkMM

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Seravalli's heel turn has been something else. My god. I actually liked the guy a year ago and now he's the most despicable trashbag reporter in the NHL.
He thinks he's an edgy heel like Triple H but he's more annoying than Jerry Lawler.

Seravalli is going to keep trying to be controversial till he eventually goes too far.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
He thinks he's an edgy heel like Triple H but he's more annoying than Jerry Lawler.

Seravalli is going to keep trying to be controversial till he eventually goes too far.

this was on my YouTube suggested stuff area the other day and i thought it was a pretty good answer

presuming it wasn't preprepared

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I mean they are tearing down the viaducts no? Which btw will suck since I live literally beside the arena lol. But I think if they can find an arena to temp play in for a few yrs, timed w the teardown of the viaducts, they could take over quite an area if they extend to the parkades

I find that some of the city's remodeling have made things a lot worse. Like Metrotown station - used to have buses all contained in a terminal, and now the city somehow thought it's a good idea to take up an entire right lane for transit, on an already busy and narrow road. And of course, they got rid of the cross walk bridge that used to lead pedestrians conveniently from the station to the mall.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

His other takes - and his crapping on Vancouver while fellating Edmonton - were just irritating and trashy.

This is some next level scumbaggery. To advocate for the men that swept a sexual assault under the rug and were party to the predator in question being in a position to victimize others shows he's completely morally bankrupt in addition to being a tonedeaf, know-nothing asshole when it comes to the game of hockey and its fans.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i really hope vancouver gets a new building soon. i've spent considerable time in all three of the newest buildings (vegas, seattle and detroit) and they are so much nicer than rogers

the issue is they can't significantly enlarge the current building and there's not really any appetite to move the team elsewhere in the metro area
unlikely there will ever be a new arena, there's no where to put it. Madison Square Garden style renovation is really the only viable path.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
unlikely there will ever be a new arena, there's no where to put it. Madison Square Garden style renovation is really the only viable path.
The area to watch the game is fine. Main issue for the arena is the concourse in terms of how narrow it is. So, comes down to whether they get more square footage to expand the arena.

Does Kerfoot still own that land by gastown/waterfront that he had planned for the whitecaps? Aside from that area, I don't know about location from Stadium to waterfront skytrain line where you can put another arena?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The area to watch the game is fine. Main issue for the arena is the concourse in terms of how narrow it is. So, comes down to whether they get more square footage to expand the arena.

Does Kerfoot still own that land by gastown/waterfront that he had planned for the whitecaps? Aside from that area, I don't know about location from Stadium to waterfront skytrain line where you can put another arena?
nobody is building another arena, lol. the canucks won't even build a practice facility.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

If they get rid of the viaducts that sandwich the concourse there’s the much needed upgrade

Reactions: MarkMM

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

This. Even if there was a parcel to put it on, the cost would be astronomical. MSG is a good blueprint in that there's barely anything left that's original to the building. I did a tour in 2015 and there was exactly one brick hallway in the damn basement that was original to the whole place.

But as StreetHawk said, the main issue is the concourse. Rogers Arena is kind of sandwiched in on all sides now, so expanding outward to widen the concourse - the logical step - is challenging at best, impossible at worst, as you would likely lose most or all of what little roadway there is surrounding the building.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This is very much worth a read.

Basically, Sheldon Kennedy signs off on Stan Bowman getting another job in the NHL.

Reactions: rea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad