Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Florida should probably be sending their goons after Edmonton's stars. You gotta really push it for the league to suspend you for a game 7. You gotta make them play it hurt after that Barkov headshot.
I don't approve of this type of play, that being said, Draisaitl's hit on Barkov really did seem to be a turning point in this series.

Reactions: mossey3535

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bold. I’m not there yet. I don’t believe the Oilers are invincible.

I don’t either - it’s less about them and more about the Panthers. Outside of some momentum swings in Game 5, they’ve been ghosts for several games’ worth of hockey. They just seem cooked. I don’t know if it’s injuries, lack of confidence, or just an inability to show up - but they’ve totally checked out for the most part.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I don't buy the Demko excuse at all. Like yea, I think we win if he's fully healthy.. BUT

He's always injured. The Canucks went into the playoffs with one of the lowest scoring teams in the league post deadline, and an injury prone goalie. WTF did they expect?

Even the masses that get everything wrong all the damn time were screaming for some attention to be paid to the powerplay as early as late October.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Every time Skinner lets one in I’m just left in awe at how terrible he played it. He’s not invincible at all

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I don't approve of this type of play, that being said, Draisaitl's hit on Barkov really did seem to be a turning point in this series.
That's hockey man, hit to hurt, not to injure. Completely viable gameplay and within the rules.

I'm not suggesting you end a career, but game 7 of the finals, you want you opponent playing with bruised ribs, sore shoulders, whatever.

Edmonton has been getting healthier as the series as gone on. That's bad strategy.

Reactions: bbud

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Still feels like Skinner can barely stop a good look. The Oilers adjustment of turtling, suppressing shots, and countering on the rush has been really effective.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Both these teams are giving up zone entries like candy, Florida should be looking to get chances on the rush before they can collapse.

Ironically early in the series Florida was winning every puck battle so it worked out for them either way. But now they're not forechecking and being very passive so even when they end up with the puck the Oilers go into shot block mode and the Panthers aren't changing the angle at all to make it hard on both the shot blockers and Skinner.

Reactions: Vector

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
We’re watching two teams stumble towards the cup and there are people pouring scorn on the notion the Canucks with Demko couldn’t have done better.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Lol they call the high stick but not a tackle that eliminates a scoring chance?

Although on that chance... On one hand that's a penalty but on the other hand Bennett is a little bitch who in straight years loses his edge when the rest of the team can't back him up.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Oilers aren’t invincible but they still have to be beat. Florida is playing AHL level hockey and that’s maybe being generous
Florida hasn’t played with their backs against the wall yet. Game 7 will be a coin flip.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
We’re watching two stumble towards the cup and there are people pouring scorn on the notion the Canucks with Demko couldn’t have done better.
But Demko has to be not injured so that we can have him as an advantage. Big changes have to happen in terms of load management and also what Clark is teaching to accomplish that.

Reactions: tradervik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad