Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Bill Zito looks like he's about to murder somebody.

Not going to play into loser mentality and what-ifs, but how far we pushed the Oilers compared to Florida right now in the Finals shows how imperative we take another step forward next season.
seeing what Oilers are doing to the panthers defensively, the whole narrative of our ‘bad’ PP and lack of shots seems to be false.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If they pull it off, it's so well deserved. I can't wait to be able to cheer for him when he puts on a Team Canada jersey.
Even if they don’t pull it off, McDavid still showed he’s one of the best to ever play the game.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Our fans have been downplaying their success all year. They had 2 massive winning streaks including a 15 game winning streak and dug themselves out of a massive hole to finish 2nd in the Pacific.

It's not just McDrai. Their bottom 6 have been lights out at both ends of the ice.
At the same time though, Edmonton is deeply flawed. A good coach should be able to exploit their weaknesses.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
seeing what Oilers are doing to the panthers defensively, the whole narrative of our ‘bad’ PP and lack of shots seems to be false.
Oilers are playing the turtle collapse defence, if you play into it you're going to only have perimeter shots and a lot of blocks. We had the same issue against Nashville because they did the same thing. We just out talented them.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Our PP was terrible in the second half and through the whole playoffs, so that might be 50/50.

But Knoblauch might be one of the best playoff adjustment coaches ever. Hard to tell when McDavid solving your offense with the greatest playoff performance ever lets you focus on a lot of other things.

Reactions: Szechwan

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The weird (not weird?) thing is Maurice seemingly unable to make a single adjustment to do so. It feels so stale and uninspired
The least skilled moves coaches can make are roster moves, then line juggling, then TOI, then line matching; in order of difficulty.

Maurice already blew his wad by putting in Lombard and Cousins.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’m really just mad because this series is going to be extended another 3 days and we might not see signings and trades drop until like Tuesday. God awful.

Reactions: mossey3535 and dez

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Florida should probably be sending their goons after Edmonton's stars. You gotta really push it for the league to suspend you for a game 7. You gotta make them play it hurt after that Barkov headshot.

Reactions: mossey3535

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I am. My gut said they’d take Games 5 and 6 - I’m 1 and 2/3 of the way there. But if they close it tonight, I think they’re taking Game 7.

Florida’s only hope is if Edmonton comes out trying to protect the lead and allows Florida to get some chances to creep back into this.
Bold. I’m not there yet. I don’t believe the Oilers are invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad