Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Barkov and/or Tkachuk have to put the team on their backs or they don't have a chance.

Colorado and Vegas had depth AND elite talent.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
kill-me.gif

I still doubt they even beat Dallas. To just assume the Canucks win the Cup is insane.

Oilers were just a better team. Even at full health, we had no answer for McDrai. No team really does. It should not have taken them this long to win.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Florida has for most part played better in 2nd and 3rd im not sure a 1 goal lead is good enough

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Being down 1 on the road heading into the 2nd isnt the worst thing

Just regroup

It isn’t - but outside of a few bursts in Game 5, Florida hasn’t been able to control the games at all since going up 3-0. And that was as uninspiring a first period as you can get. Their starts are torpedoing them, and they aren’t recovering from them.

Still lots of hockey to be played, but it feels like this Final is rapidly slipping through their fingers.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Oilers were just a better team. Even at full health, we had no answer for McDrai. No team really does. It should not have taken them this long to win.
They were beatable but Canucks had a guy who wouldn’t sign a contract extension for half the season than continued to be dead weight for the rest of the year. Can’t happen and better not happen again.

Add in all the injuries and I highly doubt they had enough to beat Dallas and then continue into the SCF.

That series win for the Oilers looks like it gave them an insane amount of confidence.

Reactions: Flik

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Canucks absolutely contained McDavid. Drai was another story, but they held him off when needed. 3 series leads. Favorable powerplay opportunities in clinching games.

That loss was all on Pettersson who was completely useless in both series.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
It looks like we were better than I imagined all along. Definitely had a chance at the cup if we got past edmonton. Makes you think what would've happened if Pettersson got going and we got Demko back.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
They were beatable but Canucks had a guy who wouldn’t sign a contract extension for half the season than continued to be dead weight for the rest of the year. Can’t happen and better not happen again.

Add in all the injuries and I highly doubt they had enough to beat Dallas and then continue into the SCF.

That series win for the Oilers looks like it gave them an insane amount of confidence.

Pettersson was f***ing tragic all playoffs long. Imagine if the Canucks were down 3-0 in this series. He would be on Instagram liking vacation pictures on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad