Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Thank you Hockey Gods

giphy.gif

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Cant remember the last time I was this happy over a non Canuck win in any sport. Aside from their smug fans who think they are owed something, I wanted the hockey gods to make up for them being gifted so many first overalls , and Drycryer at third overall as a consolation prize. I also wanted the national media who have been circle jerking over them to have some egg on their face. Watching the ESPN feed tonight was so refreshing compared to the tripe we are force fed in this country year after year.

Same - so glad I can finally stop hearing the media circle jerking the Oilers.

Happy Florida won

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
leon draistial was a ghost in the finals. probbaly hurt. mcdavid almost tieed the game with 4mins left. congrats to florida and luongo/oel getting the cup. now on to the fun stuff Let the offseason games begin!

Offseason is fun when the ship is not captained by a fat imbecile who can't even see his own dick.

Reactions: DFAC

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
wouldn’t be surprised if oilers miss playoffs next season with the cup run hangover and the fact they aren’t actually that good.
They are in cap trouble and really only have one year left on their window. Draisaitl has 1 year left, Conner 2 years. They have to buy out Jack Campbell and Nurse is an absolute albatross. This may be as close as this core gets, but let's be real, Conner McDavid wins a cup *somewhere* in his career, right?

Reactions: Fraser28

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Justice. Everything is right in the universe.

Hockey is ultimately a team sport and the best are part of a well run organisation. Florida has been that.

Of course it was entertaining to see the Oilers come back from 3-0 down, a gusty effort for sure.

Oilers will be right up there again next year.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
a bunch of them are lamenting the fact that it was "prison rules" but they literally got the most gifted call in stanley cup finals history with the tkachuk penalty

Really the entire playoffs they got away with a ton. This isn't sour grapes over having lost the series, just a general commentary over how officiating went for the Oilers throughout the playoffs.

It's insane to think that the refs were out to get them or whatever. Especially after that Draisaitl elbow went unsuspended.

It's the bad driver paradox. Everyone notices the guy who almost causes an accident but no one notices everyone around them actually driving perfectly fine.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Had to go old school and listen to the call on the radio during a 12 hour moving drive, gave me childhood flashbacks of listening to Canucks games on the radio with my parents & brothers while driving to family functions.

Probably the best possible outcome Canucks fans could've hoped for - a long, hard fought series that maximizes the chance of a stanley cup hangover, while also maximizing the amount of heartbreak on Edmonton's side. Panthers go up 3-0 to crush Edmonton's hopes, Edmonton empties all its reserves and pushes it to 7 turning everyone into believers again, then still end up losing.

Absolutely glorious. Seeing Lu lift the trophy on Youtube this morning was the cherry on top.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It’s amazing how Tkachuk basically detonated Calgary’s contention window and roster.
I admire it. No one stamps on a burning bag of shit anymore. He knew the vibes were off. Peters, Sutter, Dube, and a crusty mold-infested Saddledome were more than enough nudges to leave.

It ultimately forced Calgary into the right decisions once Conroy was hired (rather than doubling-down on competing like Vancouver did after the Kesler trade). I don't think Flames fans will stay upset with him over time.

Reactions: Hit the post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad