GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Mfer looks like a young Kovalev 💘

1000005396.jpg

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
People getting worked up over Demidov as if they regularly watch MHL games. I do hope we take him but I admit all I have seen are stickhandling highlights. Nobody does that kind of thing in the NHL today.
You know you can find a ton of full MHL games on youtube right?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Which is fine. At least he’s trying it. Meanwhile we re-signed Price to an absurd contract a year before his current contract had expired. Of course he had a mediocre season and we could have got him for less.
How is Price ‘s contract a hinderance in any way?

Again, Vasilevsky & Bobrovsky signed for same deal (more take home) following Price

There a price points for MVP / Vézina winners & 1st ballot HOFers

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I really like

Stian Solberg

How can we get him with our second pick ???
Trade up i guess needs to be around #20 i guess

I like him a lot too but I'd seriously temper your expectations if you think we're spending assets to move up to grab a defensive LD

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How is Price ‘s contract a hinderance in any way?

Again, Vasilevsky & Bobrovsky signed for same deal (more take home) following Price

There a price points for MVP / Vézina winners & 1st ballot HOFers
It’s still on the books and he hasn’t played in three years. That’s the hindrance. Look at what Saros just got and the cap is higher now and will keep going up.

What was Price‘s leverage? He wasn’t going to leave Montreal to go to Philly of all places lol.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Nope and most people here don't know that either.
Anyway, there are definitely quite a few people who don't watch games and just watch highlights or clips. But a lot of us have watched multiple games from each of these prospects.

For me, it's obvious that Demidov won't be able to play the exact same way in the NHL, and will need to improve his lower body strength and rely a bit less on 10-12 skating. But he's really smart, has great reaction time, is committed defensively (not necessarily good yet, but puts in the effort which is good. Anything beyond that can be taught).

He's on his own tier between Celebrini and the rest of the pack for me.

Reactions: waffledave

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It’s still on the books and he hasn’t played in three years. That’s the hindrance. Look at what Saros just got and the cap is higher now and will keep going up.

What was Price‘s leverage? He wasn’t going to leave Montreal to go to Philly of all places lol.
Van was ready to open the vault.

Again, think Molson would’ve been fine w letting Price go?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Price deserved his contract, though the end result was unfortunate

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad