Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | We Are All Kevin Bieksa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I think the buyout might have been a mistake.

He has been serviceable now with two legs.
That’s definitely an interesting take.

He’s playing 3rd pairing on a great roster. There’s something to be said for a player’s mentality as well when he knows he just has to provide $2M of value instead of $7M of value to his team. Not to mention how fans/media view him as well.

The Canucks also aren’t signing a lot of the UFA’s they did last summer with his cap hit on the books.

To me it seems like a win-win for both Canucks management and OEL.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That’s definitely an interesting take.

He’s playing 3rd pairing on a great roster. There’s something to be said for a player’s mentality as well when he knows he just has to provide $2M of value instead of $7M of value to his team. Not to mention how fans/media view him as well.

The Canucks also aren’t signing a lot of the UFA’s they did last summer with his cap hit on the books.

To me it seems like a win-win for both Canucks management and OEL.

Yup.

OEL at his new salary is a solid deal. OEL at the salary he would have made had we not bought him out was an albatross, and would have prevented us from overhauling our defense in the manner in which we did with Cole and Soucy being added in addition to Hronek.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think the buyout might have been a mistake.

He has been serviceable now with two legs.

Serviceable, but his cap hit was a problem. Also, he was the remnant of the most pathetic and inept GM in Orca history, he had to go.

I'm good with seeing him raising Lord Stanley.

It will be like him tea bagging Commando Dimbo's fat f***ing face, though I think he'll have to wait for his turn after Forsling and Tkachuk.

If he was a misunderstood genius then I'm the queen of Spain.
:laugh:

Yeah, you heard me!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
^ did he actually say that 2nd line?

/\
Should be timestamped to the exchange. Edit: I f***ed it up, but it should be correct now.

This dumb motherf***er

Also, like, I had this running in the background last night while making food, but like people actually listen to this shit intentionally? Much less watch a video of this dipshit whining about whatever for some reason?

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if we still have oel it is quite possible soucy sees himself logjammed in the third pair lhd spot and does not sign here, and for that matter both he and cole might are a cap problem to sign if we carry oel's full $7m hit.

Reactions: quat

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
if we still have oel it is quite possible soucy sees himself logjammed in the third pair lhd spot and does not sign here, and for that matter both he and cole might are a cap problem to sign if we carry oel's full $7m hit.

There's practically no way to construct the team with OEL making 7 for three more years with a NMC while providing like 2-3m or whatever of value.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The 4.76m buyout years aren't worth it on paper but like a bunch of other Benning garbage it was irritating having to watch him on the ice and it feels great that he's gone.

Reactions: quat and arttk

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

/\
Should be timestamped to the exchange. Edit: I f***ed it up, but it should be correct now.

This dumb motherf***er

Also, like, I had this running in the background last night while making food, but like people actually listen to this shit intentionally? Much less watch a video of this dipshit whining about whatever for some reason?

That’s up there with dumbest shit said that I’ve heard from an insider. There’ll never be another Bobby Marg

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I don’t want to get into Seravelli’s opinion, but is it true that Pettersson’s agent said he never saw a doctor?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Frank believes 15th or 17th..... so i wanna know who's 1st and who's 16th.

I'm not sure but this guy might be on the spectrum.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Frank believes 15th or 17th..... so i wanna know who's 1st and who's 16th.

I'm not sure but this guy might be on the spectrum.
poop-color-chart-3000x2000.jpg

Definitely on there somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad