Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | We Are All Kevin Bieksa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Knoblauch is looking like a great hire by the Oilers. This is the best team defense they’ve played in the McDavid era.
Yeah their PK has also been insane, even though it's the goalie who's supposed to be the best PK'er. Knoblauch looks like a professor out there, he just that aura to him.

Not going to slobber the Oilers too much though, they still have quite a few glaring weaknesses and it's up to PDB to have a plan to attack them. The Stars are still deep enough that they can have several players step up when the going gets tough.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Boeser missed 1 game, and even without Demko, Nucks had the better goalie.

Injuries are not why they lost, they just blew it. Bad player performances, bad coaching, did nothing to address the winger and PP issues at the deadline.

"No one expected us to be here" is the lamest excuse there is, and a flat out lie. Go Panthers I guess, ugh.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

Injuries are not why they lost, they just blew it. Bad player performances, bad coaching, did nothing to address the winger and PP issues at the deadline.

"No one expected us to be here" is the lamest excuse there is, and a flat out lie. Go Panthers I guess, ugh.
By your standards, how would you define a successful season?

Reactions: DarrenX

Frostage

May 23, 2014

Tocchet got out coached versus Edmonton. The team couldn't handle the Oilers forecheck nor their PK.

(I also still wonder about his gambling past)

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Doing it all right, but losing to a better team.

Or a cup of course.
The Canucks did lose to a better team. The one that has the best player in the world and arguably the best top end collection of talent in the league. Hence the reason the Oilers were heavily favoured going into the series. If the Canucks won it would have been an upset to remember.

Reactions: quat

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Tocchet got out coached versus Edmonton. The team couldn't handle the Oilers forecheck nor their PK.

(I also still wonder about his gambling past)

Do you really think so? They took a heavily favoured team to game 7. Top end talent had more to do with it than anything else.

What are you suggesting about Tochett’s gambling past exactly?

Reactions: stampedingviking

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i’ll cop that edm has turned out to be much better defensively than i thought, or had previously ahown against us, but this thread has had way too much of

1717255619229.gif

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
We were heavily outplayed by Edmonton in basically every game other than 1 and 5. The better team won.

Reactions: just22

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
i’ll cop that edm has turned out to be much better defensively than i thought, or had previously ahown against us, but this thread has had way too much of

View attachment 878237

Yeah, I’m not on the train of “we got beaten by the better team”. I’m pleased with how our season went, but still feel that series was winnable (I think both can be true). That we took it to 7 games and lost by a goal without Demko, and with Pettersson playing like a ghost of himself, just strengthens that for me. If Petey was on, we take that. Hell, we almost did without him and with Boeser being unavailable for Game 7.

Now that said - I have to give the Oilers some props for their unexpectedly solid defensive game. Their PK has tightened up, and their team D has been strong enough to overcome the presence and mistakes of guys like Darnell Nurse back there. You win a Cup off the backs of a number of guys reaching the high water marks of their careers, and there’s a bunch of guys up and down that roster doing just that.

I still think their goaltending isn’t good enough to win a Championship - but the playoffs are such a crap shoot, and so dependent on good luck with injuries, too. I’m surprised at how poor Dallas has looked in this series after solid showings against Vegas and Colorado, though.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

Pettersson scores 2 more goals in the Edmonton series, and there's a good chance the Canucks take the series in 6.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's impressive when you look at the disaster start to the season. Winning 16 straight games wasn't an easy feat either. That team is fully working their asses off.

The reality is they were always going to win a cup with McDrai. Peter Chiarelli and Ken Holland f***ed them up enough to prevent them from being a dynasty...but yeah, this was bound to happen.

Just imagine being a Sabres fan. Being denied McDavid while also watching your franchise pass over Leon Draisaitl.
Reinhart isn’t doing too bad these playoffs.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
I hope florida wins tonight and rangers don't assault any of them with devastating consequences in their desperation. Barkov hoisting the cup as the first Finnish-born captain is the only thing i look forward to in results in these playoffs

Reactions: arttk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad