Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's another one of True North's buddies. It's going to be the same shit in a different pile.

I wish the Jets would hire outside the stench that is True North nepotism. Scott Arniel, colour me uninspired.

Winnipeg has issues of ‘if you know someone, we will hire you’ kind of thinking. Growing up there, most of the people I knew had someone do this and that for someone else.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
waddell was just a guy making phone calls for tulsky in carolina. even though tulsky theoretically reported to waddell it was tulsky calling the shots

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
waddell was just a guy making phone calls for tulsky in carolina. even though tulsky theoretically reported to waddell it was tulsky calling the shots
Exactly. He was the business and connections guy, not a the hockey decision maker. Unless there’s someone in Columbus I’m unaware of, Blue Jackets don’t have a Tulsky.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Exactly. He was the business and connections guy, not a the hockey decision maker. Unless there’s someone in Columbus I’m unaware of, Blue Jackets don’t have a Tulsky.
Yeah, Tulsky was the de facto GM, but they've only given him the interim tag at this point.

I wonder if they do want to find another Hockey Man, to kinda get them the connections in the OBC and handle the interpersonal stuff. I've listened to some interviews with Tulsky and he really is almost...too nerdy and articulate for his own good. He's very smart and hard working. But I don't know if his personality and background would resonate with other guys in the OBC.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jackets had Davidson as President, so seems like doubling up between JD and Waddell if there isn't another "Zito" they are developing from within.

Yeah, Tulsky was the de facto GM, but they've only given him the interim tag at this point.

I wonder if they do want to find another Hockey Man, to kinda get them the connections in the OBC and handle the interpersonal stuff. I've listened to some interviews with Tulsky and he really is almost...too nerdy and articulate for his own good. He's very smart and hard working. But I don't know if his personality and background would resonate with other guys in the OBC.
Probably need a President of Hockey Ops. Maybe someone like a Dean Lombardi type. But, has to be someone who can work with Tulsky.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Jackets had Davidson as President, so seems like doubling up between JD and Waddell if there isn't another "Zito" they are developing from within.

Yeah that’s the weird thing. Davidson is already Don Waddell so this is a curious choice by everyone.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
JD is 71, Waddell is 66 this summer. If JD is looking at stepping down or reducing his workload maybe, I get the transition, but seems like CBS needs someone more long term than Waddell.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Probably need a President of Hockey Ops. Maybe someone like a Dean Lombardi type. But, has to be someone who can work with Tulsky.
The ideal is something like the same set up they had with Waddell. A Hockey Man who does the schmoozing with everyone, but Tulsky actually makes the on-ice decisions.

It's probably tough to find someone from the OBC with a small enough ego to do that.

Reactions: Vector

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Oilers kinda made Canucks look like crap too. Maybe Edmonton is just a good team at the moment.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Oettinger kind of sucks.

I really overrated Dallas. Ugh, too bad this team couldn't have mustered 1 more win.
Especially with a healthy, fresh and hungry Demko ready to go.

I think it would have given this team a huge energy boost.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Canucks could have beat the Stars, that’s what makes this disappointing. We had favourable matchups this year with LA, Vegas and Avs out.
I'm trying to watch it. Really hurts to watch because Dallas is totally beatable and could easily be swept here. Hintz isn't probably going to be 100% when he returns and Dallas' blueline is slow and old.

Reactions: Tact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad